Bonnet Alarm Sensor Fixing?

Rishi

Platinum Member
The alarm sensor/switch on my bonnet doesn't seem to be pushed down far enough with the bonnet closed and think there may be a missing fixing on the bonnet.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can do me a favor and take a picture of the fixing and I'll try and find something that matches. Having a look at Renault parts all the bonnet fixings come as a kit. My current temporary fix is sticky pads stacked up/stuck to the underside of the bonnet so the sensor is pushed down with the bonnet closed.

Thanks for any help!

Haven't got a picture of the bonnet side, but I happen to have a picture of my rusty alarm switch mount. I'm planning to try to restore it this weekend as it's an eye sore. If I remember tonight I'll take a picture of the bonnet side.

Attachments

• 20180916_094037.jpg
    20180916_094037.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Rishi
Thanks man, on the bonnet side on mine there's a just a hole where there should be some kind of fixing (possibly adjustable) that pushes down on the switch.

I have a feeling theres just a plastic sticker on the bonnet Rishi. The plug for the bonnet alarm switch has a bit which clips into the bracket Lewis put a photo up of. Then theres the grey rubber dome ontop.

Is your bonnet misaligned?

My bonnet does appear to be slightly higher on the passenger side, similar to this picture from @Dystant in this thread. The only way I can see to lower the bonnet would be on the hinge mounting bolts which involves removing the wing.

In case anyone has an issue with their bonnet sensor in the future, if the sensor isn't engaging properly there'll be a continuous bleep when you lock the car that stops if you push the bonnet down on the N/S, the alarm is also sensitive to it so may be the cause of it going off.

Attachments

• bonnet adjust.png
    bonnet adjust.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks man, when the bumper was replaced the sensor wasn't fitted properly as it was at an angle and the bonnet isn't completely level either. I've disconnected it for now until I find a suitable fixing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lewis Watson