finally new mac unveiled!!

http://www.apple.com/uk/mac/

Looks very nice. The quality of the display is a biggy, plus the move to Ivy Bridge processors and that you can upgrade it to 16GB of ram. Tempting as a work machine!

I was also reading about the move away from Google Maps to their own mapping software (on iphones). Wouldn't mind comparing them first, but the new Google 3D maps look....well amazing just doesn't come near describing them.

[YOUTUBE]N6Douyfa7l8[/YOUTUBE]

The new MacBook Pro is definitely an awesome bit of kit.

Certainly has everything one would ever need in a laptop. I'd have one in a heart beat but we currently have a fully spec'd up 27" iMac and a fully spec'd 13" MacBook Air so cant see the need for one. Thats not stopping me wanting one lol.

Plus, Emma wont let me buy another one lol.

Just spec'd one of the new MacBook Pros up at bit and it quickly got really expensive ie. £700 more than what I paid for my all options ticked iMac.

Ouch.

3k for a top-of-the-tree Retina MacBook Pro.

I'll probably just go for the "standard" Retina 2.6GHz and upgrade the ram out-of-apple as the £160 they request for 16GB is just a little extortionate.

3k for a top-of-the-tree Retina MacBook Pro.

I'll probably just go for the "standard" Retina 2.6GHz and upgrade the ram out-of-apple as the £160 they request for 16GB is just a little extortionate.

I thought this new one couldnt be user upgraded? Much like the Airs?