Fiat coupe

Johnny 99

Winner - POTM October 2018
Platinum Member
280px-Fiat_Coupé_front_20090604.jpg Does anyone else love these as much as I do? I have happy memories of a long weekend in France in my mate's 16v turbo (later superceded by the 20v turbo). Stylish, great to drive & practical! We were 4 up that weekend with luggage & there was plenty of room in the back for my wife & I whilst my mate & his wife were in the front. The car I most regret never owning!

Micah

Clumsy McButterfingers
I had two of them Johnny. A red 16v and then a sprint blue 20v Turbo. I called them a poor man’s Ferrari. The latter had a Milltek exhaust and race cat and made 242bhp on the rollers. Sadly they are prone to rust, but I had to sell as I ended up in a horrendous amount of debt back in 2004. Don’t really miss it, but they do look great. I spent A LOT of time on the FCCUK forum back in the day.
Here’s mine :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny 99

Johnny 99

Platinum Member
I had two of them Johnny. A red 16v and then a sprint blue 20v Turbo. I called them a poor man’s Ferrari. The latter had a Milltek exhaust and race cat and made 242bhp on the rollers. Sadly they are prone to rust, but I had to sell as I ended up in a horrendous amount of debt back in 2004. Don’t really miss it, but they do look great. I spent A LOT of time on the FCCUK forum back in the day.
Here’s mine :smile:

7334a64af8a955fe6694b874bb87eb9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh Micah you have no idea how envious I am! I love Italian cars, and my Alfa 156 is still one of the cars I am most happy to have owned. 7.5 years of ownership & never broke down or failed to start. Ok so a resistor on the air con failed on the hottest day of the year & I had to replace the steering rack, but I'd still buy another Alfa. Giulia Quadrifoglio? I'd have one in an instant!
Fiat Coupe? As I said I so wish I'd owned one. Probably not for me now as I'm no mechanic so classics are probably the wrong way to go.

Big Ben

Winner - POTM February 2018
Paid Member
Always liked them Johnny never been in one though!
My brothers neighbour has a 20v turbo under wraps in his garage that he swears is the dearest example left in the UK. Ultra low mileage apparently. Drives it once a year probably!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Good friend of mine who has a few cars has one tucked away; and that he uses most of the summer (Pic is stolen from his Facebook page !).

I believe i heard from him he was hoping for 300bhp, but it's actually running around 280bhp and i know he himself had the engine / Turbo / Mapping done on it early this year or late last year to get to that point. Does that even sound right / possible ?

**And i know he loves it :smile:

37167665700_4ffddd89c2_b.jpg

Johnny 99

Platinum Member
I believe i heard from him he was hoping for 300bhp, but it's actually running around 280bhp and i know he himself had the engine / Turbo / Mapping done on it early this year or late last year to get to that point. Does that even sound right / possible ?

**And i know he loves it :smile:

View attachment 114941
I have no idea re power, but that does look to be a nice example.

Reactions: sevenfourate

Johnny 99

Platinum Member
While on the subject of old cars.....Did i see you talking about owning a Metro Turbo somewhere the other day (Facebook ?)

Here was my old one:

37170254740_75215f0e74_o.jpg

Also found up my old 19 16V too:

37170248460_a904e69da7_o.jpg

If only i had those two tucked away now. Along with a few others...... :smile:
Mine wasn't a turbo sadly. My memories of the car all centre around the handling. It really went around corners as if on rails. Fantastic roadholding much like a Mini. Would've been good it had had a 5 speed box though.
I have never got around to storing my old photos digitally so I can only post pics of my recent cars. (I could scan pics on to my laptop, but generally I'm using my phone on here).

Reactions: sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Mine wasn't a turbo sadly. My memories of the car all centre around the handling. It really went around corners as if on rails. Fantastic roadholding much like a Mini. Would've been good it had had a 5 speed box though.
I have never got around to storing my old photos digitally so I can only post pics of my recent cars. (I could scan pics on to my laptop, but generally I'm using my phone on here).

Handling was pretty darned good good i agree Jon ! Mine was a tweaked Turbo. I believe i got it upto around 130bhp (Standard around 95 ?).

Ultimately top speed was limited to around 125mph on the clock due to that 4 speed box.

LOCKE

Paid Member
My very first car was a MG Metro in silver reg number G806NRC. Thought I was the bees knees, traded it in for a MK2 Fiesta XR2 and never had a non sports car since.

Similar Thread Suggestions