Fiat Chrysler looking to merge with Renault

..doubt that would happen, we have a Japanese connection in Nissan, that would rock the boat badly, plus Reno has no interest in the US market. Were did you hear this news?

..doubt that would happen, we have a Japanese connection in Nissan, that would rock the boat badly, plus Reno has no interest in the US market. Were did you hear this news?
Link in original post. I thought the partnership with Nissan and Mitsubishi was just a technical one. I know they share engines etc.

Link in original post. I thought the partnership with Nissan and Mitsubishi was just a technical one. I know they share engines etc.
Yes correct but they bought Mitsub, I really can't see it happening, purely cos you have the French Government with a hug holding stake, so that is not straight forward stuff when you got USA doing Trade percentage negotiations. But lets see, I for one will not be happy. I like Fiat but not the other guys, I refuse to even use there name in public. Yanks don't make good cars period, hence why there local brands don't go global.

According to the article "The French government favours the merger but wants more details before giving its final approval, a spokeswoman said." I agree it would be a bummer if it went through, manufacturers making different engines and transmissions seem to have to shrunk massively since the early 2000's with it being cheaper for everyone to just use the same stuff. I can't see Renault returning to the US market if it happened they know what regions they're popular in. It'll just be another opportunity for Fiat to make money from people who say I don't like Fiats the same way some people say I don't like Volkswagens then go and buy a Seat.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Non-Clio For Sale 1
Johnny 99 Other Marques 10
Gordini Other Marques 7
iAndy Other Marques 6
Fernandez Motorsport 10