Fast road / track alignment

adam thomas

Paid Member
I've recently had my car in pieces and need to get an alignment done ..

It's a toy so not in daily use much but does go for the occasional B road bash and the odd track day.

Suspension mods are:
Yellowspeed coilovers
Purple powerflex bushes
And everything else bushes and ball joints wise is new

I was wondering what sort of setup people are using on their cars

I was considering 2.5 degrees negative camber and 10 minutes toe out ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Sorry if this has been answered before

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

This is what I have set up. It was corner weighed.

IMG_3051 (1).jpeg

But after alignment they did not have time to shim the rear beam, I have reduced the drivers side rear toe by 10 minutes since the alignment so it has 10 minutes and 15 minutes at the rear.

Reactions: adam thomas
I've recently had my car in pieces and need to get an alignment done ..

It's a toy so not in daily use much but does go for the occasional B road bash and the odd track day.

Suspension mods are:
Yellowspeed coilovers
Purple powerflex bushes
And everything else bushes and ball joints wise is new

I was wondering what sort of setup people are using on their cars

I was considering 2.5 degrees negative camber and 10 minutes toe out ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Sorry if this has been answered before

Your proposal sounds good. I’d add as much caster as possible too

Reactions: adam thomas
Evening,
Sorry to jump on your thread but have similar questions re setup, I am running gaz golds, does anybody who's run these know do they have castor adjustment? and also if anybody can tell me how many clicks they have them set on that would be great.

Cheers Matt

I am not sure about castor adjustment.

For a track day the fronts on my Gaz Golds are set 6 clicks from full hard, and the rears are similar. Sometimes the fronts are set to 3 from full hard.

Driving back from track days the shocks are set to full soft.

If you want to find the perfect balance set the dampers to a medium setting and then adjust them from there. They will perform better the harder they get, but they will become intolerable if they get too hard for everyday driving.

I am not sure about castor adjustment.

For a track day the fronts on my Gaz Golds are set 6 clicks from full hard, and the rears are similar. Sometimes the fronts are set to 3 from full hard.

Driving back from track days the shocks are set to full soft.

If you want to find the perfect balance set the dampers to a medium setting and then adjust them from there. They will perform better the harder they get, but they will become intolerable if they get too hard for everyday driving.
Cheers, very hepful, I will give those settings ago as I'm at Snetterton next week.

I was always under the impression that you should run the rear slightly stiffer

If you have the later style 200 top mount then you get castor adjustment. Early 200 and 197 don’t unfortunately.

6BFB8BD1-A30D-4ADB-88A8-B4193B585FC9.jpeg

Reactions: Sean197