Fallen completly out of love...

Admittedly the 'cold' problem is annoying but the clio is a cracking but infuriating car imo. I can't enjoy it anymore due to the issues above...also our knackered roads don't help

If it wasn't odd and potentially painful, I'd probably ''love'' my Nicole. I've never and I mean never felt so connected to a car before. I can understand they're not everyones cup of tea and yes, they cost too much to run, but don't all cars really? But, for me, I think they're the best at what they are.

It's a shame that you've fallen out with yours. :worried: Maybe treat her to a nice B-Road one afternoon??? Give it one last go. For the kids.

I had this exact problem, fell out of love, and it mattered not what I did, it never worked.

I'm sure that if I had more time, I would have fallen back in love, but I stand by what i did by getting rid, and so far, no regrets :smile:

All the best with it :smile:

Cheers again fellas, sorry Will I think a tipping point has been reached...for the next couple of months its only a 'tool' for me, which is a shame but I guess I must be getting old(er)

Cheers again fellas, sorry Will I think a tipping point has been reached...for the next couple of months its only a 'tool' for me, which is a shame but I guess I must be getting old(er)

Fair enough, it must be like when you've had a really good pair of trainers but then they reach that point where they just look scruffy and you know that it's just not working anymore. Make sure you stay on here if/when you get rid though, it's good to see other cars once in a while, like Arran with his MPS etc..

As already mentioned rele interesting to read everyones opinions... it is annoying the cold start problem ( thankfully my megane conversion will rid that issue ) but for the sake of five minutes of annoyance in the morning, the Clio rele does make up for itself, the cars are amazing! handling amazing! not the best to run costs wise maybe but surely that was to be expected? from my experience off Fiesta St's and Corsa Vxr's they're all very similar to run! as for your choice of Focus St's... hmmm having had 5 of them i can safely say you will love it! as for reliability its very good, cambelt every 100000 miles or 10 years! only issue i have ever came across is knackered MAF sensor and Oil filter diaphram housing can fail... not a major cost! and the St is very tunable!

Enjoy, and good luck with the future sale.

Mark,

Cheers Mark, all those are points I've looked into and seem to be pluses. It has dawned on me that even though I got the car back from renault Blackburn today having had a diagnostic check run...to find that there was an issue with the sensor on the manifold...which once wiped seems to have disappeared...typical french! Its now seemingly a case of every time I get in and press the button I've got it in the back of my head 'what else could/will go wrong and I can't seem to shake it.

Also everyone bangs on about the costs to run...I have found that no matter what I do in the clio I still only go through a tank a week...thats in the general area of the North West. But I also only went through a tank a week with all of my other cars, so I guess economically speaking this has never been part of my thinking...if it was I wouldn't want to change to the Ford...I'd get a smaller petrol or diesel.

Don't let my opinion colour what is on paper a great car...it just seems to be luck of the draw as to whether you get an example which is well screwed together, which could be said of any marque but the french contingent have all been tarnished with the same brush which possibly makes these thoughts more prevalent?