Exhaust mods 200

First of all Id like to say hello to everyone!

I picked up a little unloved 200 lately and have a long list of jobs to do lol

I want to make some mods to the stock exhaust system,the rear section is very heavy,I see two cats and two f*cked flexi's in the manifold

Do many people here have the 1st or 2nd cat deleted or both?

Looking to mainly help mid range torque rather than high end power gains and avoid flat spots

Thanks for input in advance

Welcome bud!

I'm sure you'll find people running all of those configurations here. I cut the manifold cat out after it was rattling and didn't notice a huge difference re: flat spots (so it might stand that replacing the manifold with an aftermarket one would be okay). It was out of necessity for me as the honeycomb was shaking the clamp loose and causing a blow.

I then put a K-tec catback on, attached to the secondary main cat on the centre pipe and am suffering from a flat spot at ~2500 now. Couldn't say if this is because of the combination of no manifold cat and catback exhaust, but it doesn't bother me hugely.

Most flat spots/ torque needs can be tweaked with a remap, so I would be tempted to find a configuration that you'd be happy with (i.e., noise/ budget/ emissions) and then get a remap to even it all out under the curve.

It's my understanding that you *should* be okay for an MOT with either one of the cats removed, but don't take my word for it...

Welcome bud!

I'm sure you'll find people running all of those configurations here. I cut the manifold cat out after it was rattling and didn't notice a huge difference re: flat spots (so it might stand that replacing the manifold with an aftermarket one would be okay). It was out of necessity for me as the honeycomb was shaking the clamp loose and causing a blow.

I then put a K-tec catback on, attached to the secondary main cat on the centre pipe and am suffering from a flat spot at ~2500 now. Couldn't say if this is because of the combination of no manifold cat and catback exhaust, but it doesn't bother me hugely.

Most flat spots/ torque needs can be tweaked with a remap, so I would be tempted to find a configuration that you'd be happy with (i.e., noise/ budget/ emissions) and then get a remap to even it all out under the curve.

It's my understanding that you *should* be okay for an MOT with either one of the cats removed, but don't take my word for it...

Cheers for your input man

I'd say I will maybe just repair the manifold and get rid of secondary cat for now and maybe something with the backbox, it's bloody heavy

Cheers for your input man

I'd say I will maybe just repair the manifold and get rid of secondary cat for now and maybe something with the backbox, it's bloody heavy

I have a non res scorpion going from the manifold. Only manifold cat left at the moment but my one has been behaving so far!

Loud... but I love it as it’s a weekend car.
As for manifolds you do have options, I have seen a few complaints about Ktec quality and hit and miss on toyosports.

But yeah go for whatever you want as guy above mentioned you may have a flat spot after which can be fixed with a map or if you’re lucky the maf trick.

I have a non res scorpion going from the manifold. Only manifold cat left at the moment but my one has been behaving so far!

Loud... but I love it as it’s a weekend car.
As for manifolds you do have options, I have seen a few complaints about Ktec quality and hit and miss on toyosports.

But yeah go for whatever you want as guy above mentioned you may have a flat spot after which can be fixed with a map or if you’re lucky the maf trick.

Cheers man

On that is the OE Ecu mappable and MAF trick?

I had thought I may need to adjust map to allow for the extra flow on exhaust and I plan to run tge V6 airbox or similar down the road

They don't run MAF, they run MAP (pressure). If by "MAF trick" the person above meant cable tying / getting one of those plates to stop the MAP sensor moving about, this will not sort out a flatspot, this is meant to help with Cold Map kangarooing.

You can run without a remap, but once you do any exhaust work there is a flat spot between 2000 and 3000rpm.
If you are going V6 box you will need to get a remap to get best out of it, so best thing to do is all your mods then get it remapped by someone who knows Clios, EFI, RS Tuning to name a couple.

They don't run MAF, they run MAP (pressure). If by "MAF trick" the person above meant cable tying / getting one of those plates to stop the MAP sensor moving about, this will not sort out a flatspot, this is meant to help with Cold Map kangarooing.

You can run without a remap, but once you do any exhaust work there is a flat spot between 2000 and 3000rpm.
If you are going V6 box you will need to get a remap to get best out of it, so best thing to do is all your mods then get it remapped by someone who knows Clios, EFI, RS Tuning to name a couple.

Yeah this one, should’ve made it more clear my bad!

I done the cable tie down and tbh my flat spot definitely wasn’t as lengthy or as bad as before alongside less rough kangarooing. But in honesty I think my one has a poor seal anyway.