ex Nimbus r27r #2054

I hate this thread, all it does is make me want to spend money on shiny stuff.

They look very special, hopefully they have the desired effect!

I hate this thread, all it does is make me want to spend money on shiny stuff.

They look very special, hopefully they have the desired effect!

:lol: :lol:

Springs value?

I chose 90 N/mm for both axis for the moment..
I can play with rebound adj and rear camber/tor.. and from 1year 'll can remove the rear shock and go in day to orap for change spring and hydraulic settings :smile:

I'm happy and i'm looking forward to fit it!!
I hope to make in two monday morning hihihi (1 for the front, 1for the rear)

Last edited:
Next stop to the mecanichal for:

-new suspensions
-change brake fluid (rfb660) and front (right length!!) brake line
-uniball on my front arm
-engine cradle modifications simil cup

53d6dafcea163595dee88eb167c60084.jpg

replacement of the rubber pieces like the cup ones
2426642F-6A83-45C6-97CA-3D1117FD32A6-3804-000003CD421A0D5E.jpg

D787B2D6-E89C-4319-B947-303E03EEE13F-3480-000000FF35AE9FC1.jpg

Last edited:
They look brilliant Simo, Im not sure what your roads are like but we'd need bigger bump stops :smile:

Have you thought about the R3 rear beam, the maxi one which is sort of half independent ?

Mate, they look the business! very well done, I'm waiting for a good review after fitting.

As I told you on whatsapp the rear springs are much shorter than mine. Expect the car to be lowered, even at the highest setting it will be very low lol. I'm curious to see your droop travel, I had to fit some spacers when I raised the car that AST sent me (it was too low for me, I use it everyday and I don't do loads of track days) because with the inverted damping the more you raise it the less the droop travel, if you are worried about such a thing anyway.

Yours looks like the R3s race setup, hope it's not too stiff for the road but that's the advances of the full customisable kit right? :wink:

Do you by any chance know how much is the travel of the dampers? Have you noticed difference in weight between this kit and the H&Rs you are running at the moment? Material used?

Again, very nice mate:smile:

It's "only" rebound adjustable yannis..
Yes, at the highest setting will be like now with h&r at lowest setting.. Hihihi like real cup!
i'll set at highest setup.., i dont like too low

I think will be stiff for roads, but i don't use the clio often on street.. I prefer better performance on track..

Do you know that r3 use 75kg fronf and 55kg rear spring..?

Weight is 17kg, i weigh it now.. Then i'll weigh the h&r..

How can i measure thedrop travel mate? :smile:

Yes mate I know they are one way adjustable, when I said fully customisable I meant that if you are not happy with the set up you send them back, you change the springs or the inner bits and you end up with a completely different suspension.This is the main difference of these kits with an off shelve kit:smile:

Well if you don't use the car on the road much you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever, this kit will probably transform the car on track. I did know that on the R3 the fronts are stiffer but tbh I don't know why. Different cars, different setups, different weights...who knows..

The droop travel is actually how much the wheel drops when the car is lifted in the air. These kits have very little travel anyway, AST has 80mm only therefore you would expect the droop travel to be relatively small. Again, you don't need droop travel on track because you are dealing with smooth surfaces, hence the way these kits are built, but on the streets is different. The car can easily lose traction should you drive fast over a bump, and if you are going fast and you are turning at the same time...well...it could end up quite badly...

I'm sure you'll love the kit mate, it's money well spent!!

It's "only" rebound adjustable yannis..

Adjusting the rebound WILL affect the compression damping to a degree as well.

Likewise, if you had Compression and Rebound damping they would also affect each other... for example 3 clicks of compression damping will affect the rebound damping approx 1 click. Rebound damping is always the most critical component to get right with shock anyway.

Around 2200€...... In this configuration..
Then you can choose to remove rebound adj or add compression adj.. (External bottle)

90€ cad for each adj..
So remove around 400€ for the no adjustable kit or add 400€ for a fullly adjustable..
I hope that it give me a particular feeling and performance.. :smile:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8-TmmPen4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_3Abku16g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: