Everyone, I would like you all to meet Stripes UPDATED post 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I already know what some of you think about this particular car, but for a month or so today, Stripes will be here. Don't worry, little red beastie will be safe with Stripes' owner Matt, and hopefully, he'll be along to give everyone a full evaluation of driving the 197 after having the ST for 4 years.

st5-1.jpg

The comments I have had from some so far are:
  • Gutless
  • Chavtastic
  • Rubbish

Well, let me answer those comments. Gutless? Not really, the low down revs it pulls faster than the 197. Chavtastic? Nope. I expect this opinion has been formed in the eyes of those because they may have seen one badly done up ST that is awful. May I remind you that plenty of people on here say about how Chavvy 182's are.....they are Clio Sports too (and some are quite nice too :smile:) Rubbish? Nope, in what way are they rubbish?

I have always loved the ST for what it is, and the fact you can now pick one up for £4k means that yes, it is now becoming affordable to the McDonalds & Halfords car-park posse, but why brand everyone with the same brush?

Won't forget how upset some on here got when 197/200 owners were accused of being "up their own a*ses" :wink::wink::wink:

I've got the car to re-ignite my love for the 197 by being without it for a while. Strange, I know, but Matt loves the 197 after going to the Ring with Paul this year, so two birds, one stone.

I'm gonna be honest and open about the ST when I do my piece on it, putting it up on FiestaSTOC.com too, as I hope Matt will do with his 197 bit.

Give the ST a chance, some comments are a little OTT, especially if you've never owned one.....

Don't forget, the 197 is nearly within reach of "young male drivers' 2nd car after a Saxo/Corsa " :wink:

Love you

Mike
xxxx

Last edited:
Don't forget, I'm immensely neutral in this kind of thing, I don't dislike something unless there's a reason :wink:

:swiss::swiss::swiss::swiss:

Gutless, Chavtastic, Rubbish......

Shhhhh, I actually like these, Ford are home for me anyway, I'll be interested what you think of it Mike, as TBH I dismissed them altogether when I bought my 197 for some reason that I could never put my finger on.

Don't forget, I'm immensely neutral in this kind of thing, I don't dislike something unless there's a reason :wink:

:swiss::swiss::swiss::swiss:

yeh we all know your a white flag waving surrender monkey :tongueout:inky:

not bad motor but would prefer a red one :thumbup:

do like the new shape fiesta st "concept"

I like them tbh. I even went and seen one before I seen my 197. The main reason why I didn't go for a ST is because where I am there are absolutely tonnes of them!! I would see at least 5 on my trip to work, and that's only 10 mins down the road. Where as I don't see any 197's by me!

All in all though still a good car I reckon!!

I like them tbh. I even went and seen one before I seen my 197. The main reason why I didn't go for a ST is because where I am there are absolutely tonnes of them!! I would see at least 5 on my trip to work, and that's only 10 mins down the road. Where as I don't see any 197's by me!

All in all though still a good car I reckon!!

Exactly the same as me! More or less :smile:

They are nice and have a good road presence about them however in stock form i wouldnt class them as a "hot hatch" more a warm hatch along with the Swift Sports and the likes.

I think out of the lot you have the better colour choice with the blue stripes :smile:

My bug bear with them is the awful driving position and awful gear knob, but I suppose the 172/182 suffered the same

theres one identical to where i live, always see it on the road home. Good looking wee car. Dont know much else about them to comment on.

Looks ace mate!!

i loved my st to be honest, heres a pic of mine in the end :smile:

ba12ccde.jpg

a5df21e2.jpg

big ford fan and always will be in my eyes

Matt

My mate had an ST exactly the same as the one you are borrowing Mike, he had it about 18 months before he went to a Civic spaceship R! Was a nice car, but it always felt like it wasn't quite enough. Great spec on them though.

Well, I got Stripes now, and I have to say, I could get used to it :smile:

There is a noticeable difference in power, but what a fantastic little car! I love it lol, but we'll see at the end of the month (or however long :wink:)

Nope! Just doesn't do it for me. They aren't bad cars, I was just expecting more. Driven one of these and then a Cooper S back to back about 3+ years ago. As said there was just something I couldn't put my finger on. Didn't really come alive no matter how I drove.

I bet you will be happy to have Roo back but sad to see the ST go in a month!

Great gearbox but need simple mods to get some decent power. They are very restricted as standard and my 182 used to beat any one of them that tried 'playing'

ps. All owners are either a 17 year old boy, 35 year old woman or a 50 year old man. Factual FACT. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions