Engine panel filter digestion

Hi, just got a new panel filter in the mail (Pipercross). Some of you say it makes no different at all, but it's made night and day on this car and here is why:

10494613_10203485527411571_1269043658970952356_n.jpg

10455051_10203485527371570_5567957179395143428_n.jpg

Absolute stink! I can't actually believe they supplied the car like that to me, it looks like the car has done all it's miles on this. The top corner of the panel filter has totally been ripped off too, could this possibly be stuck in the engine or would this have happened already by now? You can't even see through it even if you bend the thing! Throttle response has been madly increased.

PS: Renault Swansea.

I wouldn't worry about the missing piece, it won't have fallen off while in the car, the stuff is pretty hard to tear at the best of times.

I wouldn't worry about the missing piece, it won't have fallen off while in the car, the stuff is pretty hard to tear at the best of times.

On another note, the throttle response is so good that I'm not kangaroo'ing the car on gear changes anymore! It also has the "Puff" sound when you tap the accelerator which I missed from my previous car! In my eyes this has probably helped top end acceleration too.

Renault Swansea is a dire garage, the only helpful person there is that guy in the parts Dept.

yeah surprising the difference a new air filter does I bought the ktec one and its much better than standard.

I stay away from Renault Swansea the service girls are useless and rude and use Gravells instead always had pleasant service there and loads of test drives!

On another note, I opened the car up. What a difference! I don't feel this kick people are on about though? Could my car be mapped? I look down, It's hitting 7k RPM, I prepare to change, but it keeps going, keeps going, there's the beep. Is that normal? I'm literally expecting to change but it seems to keep on going.

On another note, I opened the car up. What a difference! I don't feel this kick people are on about though? Could my car be mapped? I look down, It's hitting 7k RPM, I prepare to change, but it keeps going, keeps going, there's the beep. Is that normal? I'm literally expecting to change but it seems to keep on going.

sounds fine...the 182 had more of a kick at 5500rpm but the 197/200 uses variable vvt so its slightly smoothed out