Car won't start - Instrument panel frozen, weird buzzing noise in engine.

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?
I was driving my 2011 Clio 200 on Monday when all of a sudden the lights on the instrument panel all went out, dials have frozen in a certain position, AC went off as did the radio, the steering also went a bit heavier than normal. At first I thought the engine had died too so I pulled over but then I realised it hadn't so drove home but now it won't start! It won't even turn over it just makes a bit of a high pitch/buzzing noise, which seems to come from the top of the engine itself. The interior lights, brake lights and hazard lights work but nothing works that is operated by the stalks, i.e. Headlights or windscreen wipers. I've taken the battery out of the car, charged it and put it back in but still the same thing. I haven't got hold of a multi-meter to actually test the battery yet though.
Has anyone had a similar issue or any ideas what it might be? Would be a huge bonus if it was something simple and cheap to fix!
Thanks, Sean.

That does sound almost identical, you're awesome!

excuse me for a being a numpty here but what was the issue/what did he actually change?!

Thanks.

From what I can make out reading that thread, he doesn't exactly know himself... It looks like a new bracket to fix a lose connection of sorts judging by the picture on page 2 (I'm sure someone else can help us out on this one, I'm not a spanners man!) but he went to Renault, so they must be aware of the issue, and fixable on a budget if he only paid £12!

I have this exact same noise.. and my car is perfect..
I think its natural noise of the car

The high pitched noise I've heard before on mine, so definitely not uncommon!

But the car won't start / no dash lights and the clocks are stuck which is the guys main concern!

Managed to repair this, turned out to be what Ross pointed me in the direction of. On first start up everything seemed to be fine other than the ESP light was on, so I reset that by full lock to lock. Then took it for a short spin to see if it cut out again and after about 200 metres the ABS, ESP, Handbrake light, Service Light, STOP light and a warning saying 'Braking fault'. Tested the brakes and yeah, no ABS, also did a burnout to test the ESP.
I've checked the fuse in the drivers foot well and it looks good. Any other ideas?! I'm going to try and hook it up to some diagnostics later and see if that comes up with anything.