Car cut out :(

Traveling home today from whitby down the M1 about 10 miles from home when the car cuts out while im in the middle lane!! I was sat at 70mph with cruise control when i noticed the cruise control go off so i thought it was just that until i tried to accelerate and nothing happened! So i had to roll onto the grass bank when i found the car had cut out.
The car started straight away with no issues for the rest of the journey.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Traveling home today from whitby down the M1 about 10 miles from home when the car cuts out while im in the middle lane!! I was sat at 70mph with cruise control when i noticed the cruise control go off so i thought it was just that until i tried to accelerate and nothing happened! So i had to roll onto the grass bank when i found the car had cut out.
The car started straight away with no issues for the rest of the journey.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance.

In my crappy opinion, it sounds like the engine tried to save itself?

Have you changed spark plugs and leads? Mapped?

I am thinking that too. I havent looked for any codes yet but i may do in a sec.

Just having a quick shower then i will nip and have a look! Im hoping there is a code there tbh

Update. Code reader wouldnt connent... haha so im still confused. I have been reading about the tdc sensor and wondered of of could be that???

Update. Code reader wouldnt connent... haha so im still confused. I have been reading about the tdc sensor and wondered of of could be that???

I'm not sure if that causes running issues, only starting. I could be totally wrong there though! It's a common fault, but not common enough that you hear of it like ball joints so I've not much info sorry :worried:

I'm not sure if that causes running issues, only starting. I could be totally wrong there though! It's a common fault, but not common enough that you hear of it like ball joints so I've not much info sorry :worried:
Ahh i see... im not sure either but i could without that happening again! **** myself on the motorway having to pull up on no hard shoulder with lorries flying past inches away!

It happens to me also yesterday. Power just cut off while cruising on motorway. Have to stop and restart the engine. Everything is normal after that.

Could it be ecu related?

It happened to me in the past when the CC was on. I had to pull over, stop and restart and engine. It only occurred once in 5 years though.

I have no idea... we all need to find out and let each other know. Its very weird.. i thought tdc sensor maybe?

Bumping up a old thread here. The same thing has happened to me. Was driving on the motorway in wet conditions then about 2 miles after I got off and pulled up engine tried to cut out and ignition lights then started up again, then shortly after completely cut out. Car won't start and ignition isn't lighting up at all. Clocks have frozen on 1000rpm and the engine temp. Can also hear a buzzing noise from the engine bay. Help?

I can hear the fuel pump prime when the ignition would be on and the relays doing as they should in the column area but no lights no starting no nothing. Car is locking and unlocking and interior lights are all working as they should be

Seems like a common problem but not that often,anyway most of the cases was while cruise control is on ..( another point to think of)
Try change the tdc sensor

P.s check for codes with a proper reader