engine noise?

You can tell nothing from that video, all I could here was you indicator.

Try and get another video with it doing it more than once.

sounds like an exhaust rattle mate or some change in ure cup holder lmao. let me know how u get on

dont drive the car take it to a garage that know what they are doing like a tuners or power-train gargage and tell them u think ure engine is pinking top end. its a form of mistimed combustion and can wreck the engine in minutes

check the heatshield that sits over the starter motor - under the exhaust manifold gearbox side !

the cars still under warranty and has an extra 1 years warranty should I bring it back to where I bought it and mention it ? I've done 2000 mile in it but it was serviced by them last so surly it shouldn't matter? Can I drive if I keep it below 3000 rpm?

yeah i would drive it to renault and demand a courtesy car while they check ures out mate. sounds suspiciously like pinking but see what they say. just take it easy though cus it can cause piston damage (melt them)

ok thanks mate I had a look cant see any heat shields rattling will go to Renault tomorrow and check in better light

cheers guys

Pinking?? Doesn't sound like that to me. Sonds more like a heat shield which is resonating at a particular rpm.

Anyway, dont these 197's have a knock sensor which would retard the ignition timing at the first hint of pinking??

could also be the heatshield underneath the car where the exhaust runs or even a broken catalyst rattling

engine should protect itself due to knock sensor,,,but you cant rule out a mechanical fault !

That's better 8)

Does sound like something is vibrating, to me it sounds like the exhaust is vibrating on something.