Engine mods...the definitive thread

Lots and lots of threads on forum about engine mods. So help us all out with the thoughts from members (who have actually fitted them) on your general opinions. Not I read somewhere or I had a mate who....
Pros\cons\cost or marks out of ten would be good.

Remap

Exhaust\decat

Matched inlets

Airbox

Cams

Last edited:
All of that - airbox and decat really. Mine with inlets Map cams and zaust are amazing. Revs really hard all the way and pulls a lot better. Worth it if your really into it. If your an NA lover it's great. Don't expect it to feel like a turbo/charger tho. It just makes the clio feel really aggressive.

Can I be the first to say that spending a fortune on this engine trying to get power from it is a waste of time and you should just buy a r26 if you want more or should I wait and watch someone else post it?!

:tongueout:

I dont think it is, mine drives awesome and feels really quick. The meg drives different, I found it to not be as fun. I reached 221, and woody has 230. Power is there to be had and you do notice the difference. You just have to spend some kkkk's.

Catcams, itg filter, exhaust and a remap? What have you and woody done to get them figures?

Just seems that most people waste alot of money trying to get power out of them and the products out there aren't worth the money people spend on them. Don't want to get into it much because it's always what it comes down to but where were they dyno'd and was that on the map you are using now for every day use? Soo much money for the gains you get

K-Tec Racing Pro Performance System and 200cell cat fitted.

Fist impressions are its too loud, but I may get used to it -seems boomy in the car..

on the initial run the car made 185.5BHP DIN at the flywheel -best of 5runs (This is 192.1BHP on the day, but the dyno compensates for the cool air temp and high air pressure yesterday -reducing the power accordingly so that better comparisons can be made further down the line)

Jim fitted the exhaust, as standard, had to put two washers on the left hanger to get it sitting right, and replaced all the exhaust clamps for miltek items, also his top tip: use silicone sealant to assemble the exhaust -it seals better than exhaust putty and also you can still get the system apart after.

The car was put straight back on the dyno (within the hour) warmed up and we performed another 5 runs and best made 188.8BHP DIN (195.5BHP on the day).

Dyno%20run%20189.jpg

The Blue line is with the system fitted...

The system makes more power throughout, apart from a slight dip at the cam timing change point.

Peaks: +5lb/ft (7Nm) @ 5250rpm & +6bhp @ 5900rpm

It consistently makes +4bhp more than the standard system from 5k rpm to redline.

All in all I'm pleased.. The car only has 1800miles on it so will be able to see long term whether it makes any more power later on down the line..

Best Regards

Andy

Catcams, itg filter, exhaust and a remap? What have you and woody done to get them figures?

Just seems that most people waste alot of money trying to get power out of them and the products out there aren't worth the money people spend on them. Don't want to get into it much because it's always what it comes down to but where were they dyno'd and was that on the map you are using now for every day use? Soo much money for the gains you get

No disrespect mate but you're just flaming this thread. We all know how much these mods can cost but the point of the thread was to highlight the real life benefits of 197/200 mods from people that have them installed on their car.

With that in mind can we keep to the topic?

unless ur tracking the car i wldnt go no more than exhaust, map and panel filter. in my opinion whats the point of spending £k's to go to work and back....

its worth it, if it make you :thumbup: and it does it for me, dont reget anything ive spent on mine, i do it for the enjoyment aswel a small gains

No disrespect mate but you're just flaming this thread. We all know how much these mods can cost but the point of the thread was to highlight the real life benefits of 197/200 mods from people that have them installed on their car.

With that in mind can we keep to the topic?

Thanks...that was exactly my point

Was looking for something like....

Pros\cons\cost or marks out of ten would be good.

Remap - N\A

Exhaust\decat
Fitted Miltek with 200 diffuser. Diffuser makes the exhaust sound deeper. The exhaust note is perfect for me - not too loud (unlike others) but doesn't pop n' bang in the same way like the k-tec :nope:. There were question marks about Miltek's quality but no problems to date after 6 months. Would def recommend given there a lots of people on here who have moved onto more expensive makes so you should be able to find one for £200 (£400 new). Decat makes flat spot worse but with other mods and remap, thats where you may see the benefits to the decat. :clap:
8/10

Matched inlets - N\A

Airbox - process of fitting it. Battery needs relocating in boot or you can buy 'red top' battery which weighs on 6-7kg and could be fitted under passenger seat. There still remain a question mark over getting enough cold air into airbox. Will reserve judgement but will need a remap to get the max out of conversion so best wait as I intend to do inlets also and then remap.

Cams N\A

Last edited: