engine failure after 2500 miles

as per title my 200 is in the dealership, old engine is out new one started going in today.

car is 2 months old with 2500 miles on the clock, was driving down the motorway suddenly car started shuddering, lost power and started knocking.

spun a crankshaft bearing, destroyed the crank and melted piston 3! thats all i know so far!

anyone else had any bother?

as per title my 200 is in the dealership, old engine is out new one started going in today.

car is 2 months old with 2500 miles on the clock, was driving down the motorway suddenly car started shuddering, lost power and started knocking.

spun a crankshaft bearing, destroyed the crank and melted piston 3! thats all i know so far!

anyone else had any bother?

I never had a problem with my 200 but I did have a problem with my last Clio at 16000 the engine packed up they replaced it but to this day they had no idea why it lost power and they couldn't rectify it.

Look on the bright side it's under warranty and it's getting sorted, like anything mechanical and mass produced there are always going to be few that get through QA that shouldn't I wouldn't unduly worry about it.

These engines are generally robust units in any RS application, it sounds like a manufacturing error that slipped through QC.

Don't worry your replacement engine will likely last much longer :smile:

no pics as its in the dealers sorry.

yeah ive done over 50k hard hard miles in F4R's with raised limiters and never had any issues but this hit me as a big surprize!

ive always trusted how bomb proof the engines are and had planned on a set of matched inlets and a remap glad i didnt now as it could have affected the warranty side of things!

Wow, that's not confidence inspiring on such a low mileage car! At least it went earlier rather than later, so it's still covered.

These engines are generally robust units in any RS application, it sounds like a manufacturing error that slipped through QC.

Don't worry your replacement engine will likely last much longer :smile:

+1 with this! They are strong units, dont let it put you off. Mine went at 46k, my old one was a strong unit, got dyno'd at tdf running 190 standard, new one felt faster!