Engine Cooling Fan - Not Working!

Anyone have any idea?

Cooling fan is working if connected up to a 12v feed.
When coolant temp rises above 90c I can see that the engine ECU is telling the fan to turn on (on OBD reader)

What is left, or anyone else have any ideas?

The car is a cup without aircon.

check the small black boxes in front/on the side of the battery box - the feed wire can sometimes come out or be loose in the connector/fuse holder

Finally got round to fixing this. There was a signal being sent by the ECU to activate the fan, but the fan was not working.

I unplugged the resistor and looped it round (making a permanent connection)

Now when the ECU sends the signal to turn the fan on, the fan turns on and off once the coolant has reduced in heat.

The only strange thing is, the fan direction seems to blow the air out of the front bumper, I would have thought it would have sucked the air into the engine bay as opposed to blowing it out of the engine bay. Is it because I've removed the resistor all together?

Can anyone confirm the direction of air flow on their fan?

Finally got round to fixing this. There was a signal being sent by the ECU to activate the fan, but the fan was not working.

I unplugged the resistor and looped it round (making a permanent connection)

Now when the ECU sends the signal to turn the fan on, the fan turns on and off once the coolant has reduced in heat.

The only strange thing is, the fan direction seems to blow the air out of the front bumper, I would have thought it would have sucked the air into the engine bay as opposed to blowing it out of the engine bay. Is it because I've removed the resistor all together?

Can anyone confirm the direction of air flow on their fan?
The fan should draw air through rad, from outside car, NOT inside to out. I have seen this occur quite few times, mine included.

The fan should draw air through rad, from outside car, NOT inside to out. I have seen this occur quite few times, mine included.

What did you do?

Cut and swap the positive and earth around?

That’s what I’m going to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk