DIY engine cooling!!

Been trialing it for a few weeks now... removed the rubber in the middle of the trim under the widscreen, when stood still you can see all the heat haze piling out of the bonnet which would normaly just be stuck inside.

May be of interest to somoene......:wink:

yeah that is well known in the motorsport field, not sure if it is FIA legal in the motorsports though, I know I had that done in my rally Fiat and it did work, and even though I have been sent to 2nd inspection almost every rally I never did receive negative feedback on it removed...

I know lots of guys do this on the meganes.

Rubbercut.gif

The pink arrow points to where the rubber can be cut, where the X's are is the ventilation holes, and you shouldnt cut here, as you will be getting engine heat being sucked into your car.

I haven't taken a look under the hood of the Clio, but I would follow the principle illustrated.

I tried this a few weeks back on mine too, after toying with the idea of bonnet lifters as mine runs a little hot when pressing on.

I put mine back though due to worry of getting rain water and other crap in my shiny engine bay lol.