employment, and where to look?

im looking for jobs and have had a look through google for jobs. i have found a couple but id like to know if there are any sites or places in particular anyone off 197.net uses?

I have been using Reed.co.uk and TotalJobs.com recently. They both seem pretty good in getting back to you with a decision on your application.

ive pretty much given up using job search sites

ive had times where ive put "engineer in cambridgeshire" and about 5 other ways to say that and nothing then put "any in cambs" and it brings up 5 engineering jobs on the first page!

i tend to just type in google jobs in my area and if brings up sites to then look through

lol i do want to, but i get paid a decent wage for doing naff all - most of the time...
so until i find something which pays similar, i'm afraid this is me!! :worried:

Surely it depends on what sector you want to work in?

I found my current role through Guardian Jobs but that might not be of any use to you.

Unfortunately for the employee, it's an employer's market at the moment. I found this first hand last year, because of the sheer number of applicants for my role, my company held speed interviews and tests, if you passed them, you made it through to the 'proper' hour long interview and a day at their assessment centre!

Last edited:
lol i do want to, but i get paid a decent wage for doing naff all - most of the time...
so until i find something which pays similar, i'm afraid this is me!! :worried:

I got out last summer mate and although there is alot more money to be had in civvy street the grass isnt always greener im afraid :worried:

I've found myself between constant temp jobs, and companies employing the last in first out rule as everyone makes cuts. Seriously considering trying to get back into the army as like you say its easy money!