Eibach springs

Fair enough, my mistake! But there's still a different part number for the 197 and 200.
2.0 16V SPORT - 06.2010 E10-75-008-07-22
2.0 16V SPORT 07.2010 - E10-75-008-14-22

Ok, just checked with Larkspeed. The springs I ordered are the correct code as per the Eibach website to fit the Renaultsport 197 both FF and CUP and for just £150.

Hope this helps.

Fair enough, my mistake! But there's still a different part number for the 197 and 200.
2.0 16V SPORT - 06.2010 E10-75-008-07-22
2.0 16V SPORT 07.2010 - E10-75-008-14-22

Yes as the FF 200 is much softer that the FF 197.
The CUP 200 is harder than the Cup 197.

There within must lay the difference but i'm no mechanic so...
We can all relax now :tomato:

I thought the top mounts were different on the 200?

Its fine if you use coilivers as you get new ones... Maybe that's the differece? The specs have the same axle weight on eibachs site

If that's the case it could be nice to put 200 springs on the 197 for a more standard ride but still with the drop. I want to lower my FF 197 but don't want to make the ride any harder

I thought the top mounts were different on the 200?

Its fine if you use coilivers as you get new ones... Maybe that's the differece? The specs have the same axle weight on eibachs site

Good point, that's probably it. I'm weighing up getting these, or a rear ARB made up.

If that's the case it could be nice to put 200 springs on the 197 for a more standard ride but still with the drop. I want to lower my FF 197 but don't want to make the ride any harder

Once they are fitted and settled i'll post before and after pics with the aid of a tape measure.
I'll hopefully give a good description of the ride too.

heres my car with cup shocks and eibachs

they were put on about 4 months ago so settled in now and im pleased with the drop

you can tell its lower but looks unmodified which is what i wanted

ride is as good as standard. handling feels about the same as standard too.

IMG_0306.gif

mine is a FF but i put new cup shocks on while i was fitting the springs

i think the shocks have altered the car more than the springs. the rebound is alot slower and firmer on the cup shocks

the ride isnt any different IMO and it does look a bit lower but not massively.

My drive isn't level and slopes to the side so the car isnt sitting totally flat but from top of wheel arch to centre of centre cap is 340mm front and rear.

Cool :smile: only thing that slightly concerns me is it lowers more at the back. Looking at my standard cup stance before, it is raked forward. This helps turn in/adjustability iirc. Looks like the eibachs might dial that out? I'll crack out the measuring tape later on mine lol

Bit odd to me as the 200's were about quite a few months before 06/2010! Mines a 02/2010 for a start and sure some people's are earlier. Would be good to hear from eibach why the change over!?

This is my old FF 197 that I sold a few years back. It had the Eibachs on it and looked so much better.
IMG_0067-1.jpg

I'll prob do the same to my 200 at some point:wink: