Eagle F1 A2 v Contisport

The scenario is i am currently running 18" ultraleggera. A friend was advising to switch to 17" for cheaper tyre. I am caught between looks and handling department.

f419eb1f481cf6b678a5d7c24c667017.jpg

Was trying on the 17" shoe for comparison

8713e0a8ace2076422fad3a4895efda0.jpg

But what if they are the same weight and rolling diameter?
clio std wheels are; 205/55/17
my turinis are; 225/40/18

Difference in Diameter is -3.04%, which is -20mm.

You could get light weight wheels easily for example; Autec Wizard's 18"x8 weight 9KG or OZ Superleggera's @ 8KG but huge price tag difference.
Matching the diameter would never be exact but have a play with a tyre calculator.

EDIT:
Just saw your other post, my 18's were great on track! :smile:

Isnt clio std wheels 215/45/17?

I am on 225/35/18.

Rare size limited choice. A reason why i am contemplating to change back to 17"

Isnt clio std wheels 215/45/17?

I am on 225/35/18.

Rare size limited choice. A reason why i am contemplating to change back to 17"
Dunno got it off a website lol.

Anyway, these are all small numbers we are talking, whack them on and take it for a drive and FEEL them for yourself! :smile:

I have never been sure on Eagle F1's myself. I know they get great great reviews but then so do Toyo Tyres, and all of those which I have tried to date have been either poor or just ok at best (with the exception of the R888's which are amazing) Proxies are shockingly overrated imo. Ok in the wet but just far too soft for hard driving in dry conditions. May as well have cheese wrapped around your wheels.

RE; Goodyear EF1's

(a) they have a super round sidewall and I always preferred the handling characteristics / aesthetics of the more square Yokohama / Michelin Pilot Sidewalls.
(b) I have never owned a set but test drove a Clio 200 cup with some on before I bought mine, and found them not great on hard roundabout cornering (as in they broke traction too easily).

I currently use Nankang NS2R's for no other reason than they were on the car when I bought it. I have always heard Nankangs referred to as 'ditch finders' in the past, and assumed they were poo. Most probably are, but these are pretty damn good for the money. Best tyre I have used to date (for road and track - by this I mean not a dedicated track tyre like the R888) is the Yokohama AD08R's (R is the newer version for improved wet weather performance). Had these on my Civic Type R and the grip from them is unbelievable, not far off the R888's. They are very expensive but even in the wet they were good. Excellent tyre for these types of cars, considering getting some for the Clio when I need to swap the Nankangs.

Other excellent tyres are Michelin Pilots. Have those on the wifes C2 VTS and they are nearly as sharp as the yoko's were just don't last as well once they get hot.

I have Eagle f1's on mine, and think they're fantastic
It had Toyo's on when I bought it and although they too were a great tyre, the F1's do feel a lot better
I paid £87 each fitted from tyreshopper, just before Christmas

I have the Eagle F1s all round too, they've been on about a month and I'm very happy with them.

I had four different makes on when I bought the car, so of course a matching set of 4 will always be a big step up. But the Eagles have been brilliant and really brings out the best in the car now.

After reading this I've just ordered the F1's for the front. Bought the car last month with some brand new Nexen's on which are absolutely shocking! Can't wait to see what the F1's are like!

I also had a pair of Eagle F1's fitted on friday, wet grip is very impressive, haven't had the chance to try them in the dry yet but very happy with them.