Drove a Corsa VXR

I traded my clio in for a new Audi S1 in June. The build quality and torque is immense. So quick and easy to build up speed through the gears without revving it too hard. It has full torque from as low as 1600 RPM which throws you into your seat.

After having it for a few months I'm now wanting a 197 again to have fun in at the weekends
Think it will have to wait a few years as I'm saving for a deposit.

However good the S1 may be build wise and speed wise,I don't think it will ever meet the fun factor you get from the 197's naturally aspirated engine. Turbo power is so good for a relaxing drive but will never match a N/A for fun.

I traded my clio in for a new Audi S1 in June. The build quality and torque is immense. So quick and easy to build up speed through the gears without revving it too hard. It has full torque from as low as 1600 RPM which throws you into your seat.

After having it for a few months I'm now wanting a 197 again to have fun in at the weekends
Think it will have to wait a few years as I'm saving for a deposit.

However good the S1 may be build wise and speed wise,I don't think it will ever meet the fun factor you get from the 197's naturally aspirated engine. Turbo power is so good for a relaxing drive but will never match a N/A for fun.

Yeah this is what I feel. Low down Torque is fun and easy to drive with but having owned turbos and 2 Clios and a Teg. N/A all day long. Integra DC5 was rapid in VTEC but still surprisingly fast out of vtec

I think the newer shape 'E' facelift Vxr's have speed sensitive steering, so tightens up the higher the speed.

The seating position is a much better in a Corsa. Vauxhall have also managed to get the steering wheel directly in front of the driver, something Renault have failed at.

That said, I'm glad I chose the Clio over the Corsa for multiple other reasons, mainly the handling and looks. I never liked the exhaust on a Corsa where is was in the middle, looked too much like an aftermarket item from halfords. They look too tall and thin, the Clio looks more purposeful

I had a go in my father in laws corsa vxr yesterday. Seat was uncomfortable, dashboard looks massive, ride was firm but not as firm as clio cup chassis. Engine was quieter too. Interior bit nicer than clio's. Clio much better IMO just because its more focused on performance and driving feel. Corsa is more focused on style and looks but no focus on driving experience lets it down.

The Corsa Recaros are more for comfort in mind lol.

They're a bit thicker and not as tight around the hips as the Clio's.

i prefer the Clio's for holding you in but the Corsa's for more long journeys. The Corsa also doesn't suffer with the bolster wear.