Drilled discs make a strange noise!?

Has anybody else noticed this or is my car developing a major problem?

Got megane drilled rear discs and during normal driving they are absolutely silent, but get over 90mph or start braking heavily from any speed and you get this noise like a playing card in a bicycle wheel coming from both rear corners...

Or for those who dont know what i mean, its like a high pitched very fast rattle. ( car is stripped so possibly why i hear it so badly? )
Starting to doubt it put it back properly now and the calipers about to vibrate off lol.

Is This Normal?

Could be a slightly warped disc, would be suprised if you managed to warp a rear disc though!

I think its quite common for grooved discs to make a bit of noise but never heard of drilled discs making noise

Could be a slightly warped disc, would be suprised if you managed to warp a rear disc though!

I think its quite common for grooved discs to make a bit of noise but never heard of drilled discs making noise

In 60 miles of easy driving with one spirited drive i highly doubt this is the problem?

not cracked are they ben.?
meg drilled disc's have a serious issue with cracking.
they crack from 1 hole to another. could be the pad on the crack.

No as said above Jase i fitted them and poodled down to the shops at 60mph, country roaded it back and just noticed when you start putting some pressure on the brakes it makes the noise.

The anti corrosion coating is still on the edge and still shiny, brand new.

Its like a whurring under heavy braking its very normal. Just the holes making a noise. Same happens on grooved :smile:

mine used to do this its just the air over the holes in the discs like when you blow the top of a bottle lol

normall mate

Can this whirring noise happen on normal discs too (Not drilled/grooved)? I've had it on mine since soon after fitting the carbone lorraine pads, assumed I'd managed to slightly warp the discs but maybe not?

This happened for the one drive I took mine on when I fitted the grooved discs, I hadn't changed the pads and it was the leading edge hitting the grooves that caused the exact same noise. I swapped the pads for new ones and it has been running silently ever since!

I would suggest putting new pads on ASAP. If you have already done this then I am at a loss!

I will try and find the thread on the problem...