Dougs Albi blue 197

Looks lovely mate!

Id remove the stickers if it were me, its not an R27 as the callipers are standard, they would be red if it was an R27...

Reactions: Doogle
i quite like when people buy one of these and immediately start with so needed maintenance..
still a long way to go from seeing your list..
keep it up :thumb:

I bought it cheap knowing full well stuff needed doing. And just like a lot of people on here, I am a bit of a serial modder and I like to have something you can call my own :smile:

Looks lovely mate!

Id remove the stickers if it were me, its not an R27 as the callipers are standard, they would be red if it was an R27...

Yeh, I definitely didn't want to replicate or pretend its something its not. And I think it looks cleaner without, the vinyl hadn't been put on well and was worn.

I intend to get the front and rear bumper sprayed and get rid of the stonechips and odd scuffs. Gotta keep her look pretty! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Chris and Pav
I havent done much exciting to the Clio for a little while, just drive it. Despite no exhaust modifications I have started properly noticing the flat spot. I am planning to get rid of the secondary cat and get it remapped, does this completely remove the flatspot?

I have got rid of the intake restrictor plate from the front of the intake, was a pain in the arse without pulling the front bumper off completely but feels a bit more responsive.

20170910_172116.jpg
Ive also purchased a set of LED numberplate lights that actually fit and work.

20170902_123026.jpg

I also had a new lower wishbone fitted as the balljoint was knackered, I didn't have the time to get the balljoint from ROFAG in Poland by the time the car went into the garage so they sourced a complete new wishbone. Needs tracking which is on the to do list.

And finally Renault UK have finally accepted the corrosion claim on the boot lid, albeit I have gone back to Renault UK to see if they will replace the complete bootlid rather than just repair the damage.

20170921_182728.jpg

Still got lots planned, but its an ongoing project and most of all, Im still enjoying driving it! :grinning:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Don’t them LED’s look a whole lot fresher ! Nice...

*Interested in removing the intake blanking plate and thought about a few times....but never quite got around to it yet. Can you give me a quick rundown how please ?@Doogle

Good luck with Renault ref the boot lid. Their decisions and reasonings appear so random on the fact of whether they choose to accept or not and if your claim is accepted: if they then repair or replace.

All for the very same original design issue......

Don’t them LED’s look a whole lot fresher ! Nice...

*Interested in removing the intake blanking plate and thought about a few times....but never quite got around to it yet. Can you give me a quick rundown how please ?@Doogle

Good luck with Renault ref the boot lid. Their decisions and reasonings appear so random on the fact iof whether they choose to accept or not and if your claim is accepted: if they then repair or replace.

All for the very same original design issue......

Yes they do look much better, almost a bit bright at night though, I think Im blinding people behind :grin:

Ill PM you in a bit about it, lots of scraped hands. Best way is to remove the bumper really but I was short on time and space.

Yep, their decision making is very random. It took about 3 months of no contact before I got a call out of the blue to say its been accepted. Then it was my dealer who told me that it was going to be repaired, which as well as seeming like a false economy because of where the rust is - it will be part of the integral structure of the window mounting and once rust gets in to something it never really goes. They have told me its covered for 3 years as a repair, which is probably enough time for it to not come back, and then it start reappearing.

Renault UK have been very prompt with contact when I have spoken to them direct though. I spoke briefly to someone online through a chat system and then got a phone call the following day. She said it would take her 2-3 days to update me but sent contact details.

Reactions: sevenfourate
good update..leds lights are a must..nice going on the rear wiper removal..
think it makes the car look much better..also if you remap it it will remove the flat spot...

good update..leds lights are a must..nice going on the rear wiper removal..
think it makes the car look much better..also if you remap it it will remove the flat spot...

Thanks Pav, its the little modifications that make a difference!

well in your case-quite major mods...well done..:thumb:

I did have a play today, Ive had a horrible squealing sound caused by the metal plate that holds the rear ABS sensor in place rubbing against the disc. I managed to push it bach today a little but the stub axle is pretty rusty so I think its a new/2nd hand jobbie.
20170923_111218.jpg
20170923_111233.jpg

And I did have a play with the Acoustic valve, I removed it and the very rusty bracket and plugged the silicone pipe. The intake sound is up a little, but not dramatically. It actually feels a little slower but a little smoother. I think once its got colder air going it might make a little difference.

20170923_125141.jpg

Attachments

• 20170923_111218.jpg
    20170923_111218.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Hopefully I have sourced one from a chap, plan is to clean it up and paint it using black caliper paint, may do the actual face of the plate in something thinner though. I plan to do the caliper carrier and discs in silver to match the calipers.

Has anyone used Kurust or similar?

So decided to buy some new alloys courtesy of Krash67, some 200 Cup alloys.

Did a little test, measured the weight of the new ones (with valve and weights) and compared it to the old ones (without valve and weights) and they came in almost 1kg difference.

New
20171007_130333.jpg
Old
20171007_145042.jpg
20171008_100636.jpg
The cars also going in this Monday into Vospers bodyshop for the bootlid rust, filling the holes from the Cup spoiler and have the vinyl on the doors removed. Looking forward to getting it back all sorted!

A few odd little updates, car was damaged by Vospers but they did a great job on the bootlid and filling the holes.
Damage is being fixed, they admitted liability after showing them before photos. Car looks cleaner with the vinyl removed from the doors!

Modified the original trumpet as well as they arn't worth anything to use as an intake. Cut everything off that wasnt needed so it resembled just a trumpet and covered the holes in electrical tape. Not that pretty but doesnt look too bad.

20171029_105105.jpg
I also decided to fit a Powerflex upper torque mount bush, what a difference! The original must be really soft from factory, the old one didnt look badly worn. It has improved gearshifts and the vibrations are minimal. Though it has highlighted uneven revs, is this normal? Plan is to get the lower engine mount and gearbox mount but leave the main engine standard to avoid massive vibrations. cleaned out the scuttle panel of loose debris, wasn't too bad but Im always wary of parking under trees.

20171101_135642.jpg 20171101_134642.jpg
Fitted dark grey vents and dash trims. Trying to find a second hand dark grey centre console to match, new they are mega money!
20171027_163546.jpg
Lastly bought some genuine RS exhaust trims from SiliconSteve on here, thry cleaned up well!
20171018_110826.jpg
20171018_114719.jpg

Reactions: Benno and Big Ben
them tips came out well..good outcome on your troubles too..glad they admitted it was their fault..happy days

Just read right through this, fair play you're cracking on with all the little bits that niggle me! Still undecided on rear wiper delete!!

Glad Vospers admitted liability, know first hand how hard it is to get a garage to admit it when it's them at fault!

them tips came out well..good outcome on your troubles too..glad they admitted it was their fault..happy days
Just read right through this, fair play you're cracking on with all the little bits that niggle me! Still undecided on rear wiper delete!!

Glad Vospers admitted liability, know first hand how hard it is to get a garage to admit it when it's them at fault!

They admitted responsibility in so far as the seal behind the door and the window seal clip, which they said they will replace. The damage to the paintwork they have not, but have said they will touch it in. Talking to the manager thats the best I'm going to get. Noone has put their hands up to it, and I have zero proof it wasnt there beforehand despite common sense saying it wouldn't be. They are also touching up other bits on the car as a goodwill gesture.

Thanks Pav, just a steady progress of little bits. Wheel spacers and replacement xenon bulbs are next on the list, the bulbs are original and are very dim. And Ive asked for a Royal steering wheel trim for Christmas too!

Cheers Benno, only time Ive missed it was when it got shit high on the motorway last weekend from a 450 mile round trip but I carry a packet of windscreen wipes in the boot so a 30 second stop sorted that, I dont regret doing it.

I forgot to add that a few more bits I've done! Recaro vinyl stickers on the back of the seat (marmite for some) and blanked the grab handles inside. Planning to remove the rear seats at some point so makes the interior look cleaner without the handles. Cleaned the roof lining and front seats, previous owner was a smoker and it smells much better in there now!

20171021_173701.jpg
20171109_212952.jpg

Reactions: Benno
i need some recaros in my life!!!!

They are awesome, they make it an experience everytime I drive it. Still need to retrim mine, they are badly worn. Its time rather than money at the moment though thats stopping me. Also want to get the drivers side lower, got some engineering friends who want to have a go at modifying the subframe.

Reactions: Pav