Done My Brake Service Today

No problems what so ever. Gave the calipers a good clean and regreased the pads, pins and sliders. What I did notice was when I cleaned the front pads the backing plate had the Brembo logo on it but stamped on the pad itself was Ferrodo!
Will do the brake servicing every 6 months just for peace of mind.

did mine a couple of days ago..gotta be done if you dont want any troubles in future...good job

Last edited:
twice a year Shuv..spring and autumn time..
think that's enough..never had any issues-touch wood..

Great. Means i'm due to do mine late November. My finger-tips cant wait already.......

Sounds sensible though. How long does a strip, clean-up and re-copperslip take bud ?

well the actual job is quite quick once you know what you are doing..the ball ache for me is to jack the car up and remove wheels..may take up a couple of hours i guess..never timed myself..
dont use copper grease,i use this mate..read somewhere that you shouldnt use copper grease with aluminium calipers..may a load of b****s,not sure..

Attachments

• polly.jpg
    polly.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 12
If you get yourself organised first it doesn't take long at all. I have a good jack which helps. Fronts I knock the pins out then take caliper bolts off. Slide pads out and take caliper off. Give calipers a clean with a toothbrush and some degreaser then some brake cleaner then refit. Wipe clean the back of the pads regrease and refit to caliper and torque bolts up. Clean and regrease pins and job done. Similar process for the rear. Not rushing 20 mins per caliper.