Does fitting a Quaife diff make a difference?

OK, having received a fair few PMs about having the diff supplied and fitted I though I would give you some idea of the costs involved in doing the complete job. All prices include VAT:

Quaife diff £714.00
Labour to remove and refit gearbox £576.00
Labout to strip gearbox, fit diff and rebuild gearbox £144.00
Gearbox oil £30
Diff bearings x 2 £67.97 for the pair.
Clutch bearing/CALM unit £98.72

This makes a total of £1630.69 including parts, labour and VAT. Cliosport members also get a5% discount off the cost of the diff.

This cost is worked out as a package deal and in reality the total time taken to do the work is around 1.5 days from start to finish. Please also note the CALM unit must be changed. Renault insist the CALM unit is replaced everytime the gearbox is removed.

I hope this helps.

David.

does anything need machining to fit the diff?

as am thinking of giving it a go myself, but need to know if anything extra needs to be done.

Quaife state its a direct fit in the warranty pack you get with it. However unless you have extensive gearbox knowledge and know how to adjust the backlash etc. i wouldnt get involved.

i got the skills to fit, just not the machinery if anything needed milling etc.

saves a few bucks on labour!

Unlikely anything will need machining or adjusting....especially backlash....

You might need different shims in the casing, I don't know how the renault diff is shimmed in the box but it's usually a simple process if you know what you're doing.

i have to say.. i have a diff fitted into my 172 by k-tec and there work is fautless! really couldnt recomend them enough for this. as for driving with the diff fitted its an absolute god send! can really put alot more power down around corners and it has also been used on ze ring (all be it only one lap due to something going wrong) but it will be back out there again in june! anyone wanting to see how a car with a quaife and itb's run (all work done by k-tec i might add) is welcome to a passenger lap with me :smile:

Unlikely anything will need machining or adjusting....especially backlash....

You might need different shims in the casing, I don't know how the renault diff is shimmed in the box but it's usually a simple process if you know what you're doing.

its not that difficult as long as you have a few basic tools :thumbsup:

thats alot of money! and unless you can honestly say your driving skills are such that you can get 100% out of your car not worth the outlay IMHO

to be fair a diff will help most people out on track... even when i first started i used to get wheelspin on corners.. having a quaife fitted has helped me out ALOT and thats only me running 205bhp.... it allows more power through the corner and also coming out of it! as i said if its being used on track alot it IS a worthwhile investment!