Does fitting a Quaife diff make a difference?

I can completely see how a diff would find you the extra time.

Did you fit the diff on the day, or go back another? Or was it 2 cars??

Interesting read. Four seconds a lap is a big difference.

Must admit I'd love one on the 197, I had one on a 205 GTi and it was a noticable improvement.

fitting an aftermarket ATB is one modification that is often over looked when enhancing a cars performance. its unfortunate because its one of the best things you can fit to a front wheel drive car

Same conditions but driver skills may have improved since the first day! Not a fair test when there is more than 1 variable.

Also likely to make more difference if the car had been tuned before fitting the dif, I rarely find the inside wheel spinning on mine with just a remap

What is the total track time?

My point is - if the track time is >4 min then 3-4s are not much, but if the track is <2min then it's a fair result.

A full write up will be in Redline very soon.

It was a very fair test done on the half circuit and bearing in mind this circuit only hs a few corners and most of them are long sweeping corners it was a great result. Mark Kemp is also a very fast, consistent driver. He also commented on how much better the car felt with the diff fitted.

David.

How hard are these to fit? I take it the box has to come out and bell housing split? How many hours labour would that take?

A full write up will be in Redline very soon.

It was a very fair test done on the half circuit and bearing in mind this circuit only hs a few corners and most of them are long sweeping corners it was a great result. Mark Kemp is also a very fast, consistent driver. He also commented on how much better the car felt with the diff fitted.

David.

Interesting, look forward to the full writeup

Ken, they're mega expensive to do properly, gearbox off, install and test drive. Then take apart again to tweak.

Same conditions but driver skills may have improved since the first day! Not a fair test when there is more than 1 variable.

Also likely to make more difference if the car had been tuned before fitting the dif, I rarely find the inside wheel spinning on mine with just a remap

Mark is a solid driver mate. He does loads for kw etc and basically lives on track. Very fair test tbh, 4-5 seconds a lap is massive!!

I know all he has on his car is a map thats it, but this was done a while ago.

Mines standard and i find in damp/wet conditions even dry if you really exit some bends hard it spins, i can see where the diff gains you the time.