dodgy throttle pedal?

I drove the car tonight for the first time this week and it felt very hesisitant when giving it a bit. The throttle pedal seems to go down then feels like it stops before going down to the floor its hard to explain! anyone else had a problem with there throttle?

I drove the car tonight for the first time this week and it felt very hesisitant when giving it a bit. The throttle pedal seems to go down then feels like it stops before going down to the floor its hard to explain! anyone else had a problem with there throttle?

Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear this :worried:

It's not a lack of fuel serge is it? The fuel pump or injectors getting a bit blocked especially because it's the first time you've driven it this week?

I don't know if it's the throttle cable that would be playing up? :S Not sure, see what other feedback guys on here can give u.

GOOD LUCK and hope you get it fixed bud :thumbup1:

Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear this :worried:

It's not a lack of fuel serge is it? The fuel pump or injectors getting a bit blocked especially because it's the first time you've driven it this week?

I don't know if it's the throttle cable that would be playing up? :S Not sure, see what other feedback guys on here can give u.

GOOD LUCK and hope you get it fixed bud :thumbup1:

I think it's a potentiometer peddle and not a cable so am not sure wasnt two happy Just felt very sluggish. Had plenty of petrol in it

The throttle isn't cable :smile:

There is an extra step at the end of the throttle travel normally which is the switch for use with cruise control/speed limiter etc.

Presumably you only booted it onces it's warm, they are a bit... crap until you've driven ~10 miles.

The throttle isn't cable :smile:

There is an extra step at the end of the throttle travel normally which is the switch for use with cruise control/speed limiter etc.

Presumably you only booted it onces it's warm, they are a bit... crap until you've driven ~10 miles.

Ah I see so there's an extra step on it I thought my peddle was faulty, yeah drove bout 40 miles first lol. Hardly do any miles in it at all first time it's felt like that

Needs diagnostic machine really mate

Sounds possibly like an oxygen sensor but we can only guess as if there is a problem it should show up on the diag machine

when cold they run like crap! hesitate and can kangeroo down the road if really bad - once warm say after 2mins of running they should smooth out and then when fully up to temperature be smooth and linear in throttle response

the two part throttle is as said the "kick down" to override the speed limiter - if you set the speed limit and then want to go faster you press the pedal hard until it overcomes that resistance - this then allows the car to accelerate past the "limited speed"

its all explained in the hand book