Do you need new brake pins every time also Renault only job?

Provided the pins come out ok, then they can go back in. The problem is when the pins get stuck they either bend coming out or have to be cut out, either way you'll then need new pins.

Someone like RS Tuning will know what they're doing, and if anyone will get them out OK, they will. However; if the pins haven't been out in a while and the brakes haven't been cleaned regularly then there is a chance they could be completely stuck, in which case they WILL bend/need cutting (regardless of who is doing the work).

using the correct pin punch and hitting the top of it at 90 degrees will go a long way to removing even heavily seized pins

When I removed mine, I was going to use a punch but decided I couldn't get anywhere near as much power as I could get using an old cupboard door handle like the one below. It allowed me to give it a right good smack without risk of it sliding off the pin or me missing the end and hitting my other hand :smile:. All four pins came out no problem and they'd been in there at least 15 months and 20k miles.

201311_Knobs_handles.jpg

Provided the pins come out ok, then they can go back in. The problem is when the pins get stuck they either bend coming out or have to be cut out, either way you'll then need new pins.

Someone like RS Tuning will know what they're doing, and if anyone will get them out OK, they will. However; if the pins haven't been out in a while and the brakes haven't been cleaned regularly then there is a chance they could be completely stuck, in which case they WILL bend/need cutting (regardless of who is doing the work).

havent come across any yet that have defeated me :book: and theres a few other ways of getting them to move :001_huh:

Lost count of the times I've had my pads out and back in to service the brakes over the last 3 years, original pins.

Helps to give them a rub down and not let the mess build up for too long.