Rebuilding brakes, parts needed?

Doogle

Winner - POTM March 2018
Hey all,

I am considering having my front brakes rebuilt and serviced this summer. Not sure when they have been properly disassembled and serviced and the cars on over 100k now.

Has anyone got a list of serviceable items? I would rather stick with something good quality and pay a little more rather an eBay special, brakes are not something worth skimping on! Joining pipes as well. And I will be investing in some Mr Pink Pins as well.

Discs are not going to be replaced as they are relatively new but also looking at new pads. Thinking of Performance Friction Z pads. I know the usual are DS2500 or DS1.11s, but for what I want at the moment the Z rated seem well good. Opinions?

bleeding valves,piston pack including all the seals etc..that should do it...thats what i did a few years back..
replaced all the seals and cleaned my pistons..didnt replace them back then..

bleeding valves,piston pack including all the seals etc..that should do it...thats what i did a few years back..
replaced all the seals and cleaned my pistons..didnt replace them back then..

Thanks Pav, where did you get the parts?

To be honist the Mr Pink Pins nice and strong as they are I bought a set for a brand new set of Brembos they felt a little loose so I never used them if the normal style pins are used and copper grease the head and tip fitting and removal is no problem. A good 4mm long concave tip punch and a hex cap head bolt to go over the pins head to fit them without hitting the calliper are fine for all the times you change the pads. Brakes international do rebuild kits around £42 all seals, bleed nipples, sping plates and pins ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-...232255&hash=item35ea979a81:g:tCAAAOSwTO9Z5x0Q

Reactions: Doogle