Diy thread?

As we're mostly men on here and we like to diy to please the other half I wondered if was a DIY do s and donts thread. I no is a few trades men on here which could pitch in with they're trade do s and donts.
What people think? Tips, def don't do things etc.

Anyway now I'm home and not multi tasking the point of the thread was to make us better at diy.lol.
So to start someone told me they always paint new plaster before it's dry so it sucks the paint in. I never do it like this and not sure i would.lol
Any one no if it's right or wrong?

Reactions: Gordini
I always paint new plaster once it's dry with a watered down emulsion. Tried painted new plaster on a patching job I did once and it had little pin prick pops in it and took longer to dry. I'm not a tradesman though so I may be talking balls

I always paint new plaster once it's dry with a watered down emulsion. Tried painted new plaster on a patching job I did once and it had little pin prick pops in it and took longer to dry. I'm not a tradesman though so I may be talking balls
That's how I do it. But maybe other way is better.
Also you should never pva before tiling. Common mistake . You should always use a proper primer

There is a trade obliterating Matt paint, it's what I used in my house on new plaster (dry) nearly got away with one coat at the start too! Been painted over many times now and great adhesion every time

Spraying seems the way to go nowadays but I hate paying for anyone, would rather do it myself and put the money to better quality products

Just finished a wetroom!