NIMBUS - the DIY thread

Joshluff

Platinum Member
Hey everyone this is my nimbus. 197 I
Thought I'd make a progress file, mainly so I can grab some views and pointers of you guys :smile:

So I got the car in December after owning a Corsa 1.4. So it was a nice and needed upgrade !

First image of the car
zumujusy.jpg

The car came with the recaro seat in. I was very happy with my new pride and joy ! Apart from that it was standard
abagera3.jpg

yja8yheg.jpg

yqujatuv.jpg

It was all good times until late January when I had a lovely surprise
epe7uqyh.jpg

A part of the clutch decided to snap of and went flying around the bell housing
I replaced the clutch luckily there was no other damage and the car now runs fine
a4avypug.jpg
e6ame2at.jpg

My first mod shall we say was the cup spoiler I got it of ebay by some guys in Italy
It was on the ebay finds section I was the first person to try it and it payed of as it was only £86 an the I payed £20 for my uncles company to spray it up for me

enuryre9.jpg
by3y7uhe.jpg

Fitted my self so all in it was £106 which is a lot cheaper than the official part!

I then warped my Renault badges matte black and took the rear wiper of

yqe9ehem.jpg

I've also warped the wing mirrors in matte too I don't have a close up so I hope the photo is clear
7uru8u2e.jpg

I've warped my interior trip and centre console in matte also but I don't have any photos of that ATM

The next thing was the brembo callipers
They needed to have a nice new look so I took it soon myself to do it

ugysuzu6.jpg

urybu3ap.jpg

Took the hamerite spray paint and sprayed them up haven't got round to do the back ones yet but they came out great I have put the 6pot brembo stickers on now and that looks great too but I have no photos of them

That pretty much it for now. I'm currently deployed to Canada ( I'm in the army ) so it's all on hold untill august but I've just brought a miltec de cat and car back exhaust harnesses lowering springs spacers and some more goodies for when I get home
Here is a few more photos for now thanks for viewing please comment any feed back is great thanks

Josh..

a5adyzeh.jpg
sy9ejapy.jpg
a2udy3e7.jpg
vy5abebe.jpg
e9ubymyd.jpg

Last edited:
Car looks good mate and a deployment in Canada sounds sick, get to see much of the place? Where are you based out of?

My freind had decided to start striping my car out !

pumezyve.jpg

Ready for the harnesses to go in :smiley:
I'm now looking at possibly making this car into the road going track car it should be !

Car looks good mate and a deployment in Canada sounds sick, get to see much of the place? Where are you based out of?

Cheers bud and I'm of to whistler in a few weeks. Gunna be taking a cheeky road trip :wink: shame it's gunna be in a bit of a banger but hey ho !! I'm based in Alberta Suffield or BATUS.

Follow me on Instagram if your interested to see more of what I getup to [MENTION=3903]josh[/MENTION]_LUFF

Great colour. I think it's great also you've had go at doing some of the stuff yourself.....

Thanks and yeah I hate letting other people do things for me ! I'd rather do it myself. Get more satisfaction from it then !

Another stripping the back out :smiley: I'm debating taking them out and carpeting it just because they don't get used.
Hows the Italian spoiler holding up? I'm buying one on payday and trying to decide where to buy it from!

I'm getting a thin bit of mdF with suede to cover the metal and the spoiler is great I recommend getting it !

Got my mate back home to take some bits of the Clio

Getting the wheels repeated gloss black and the diffuser and grills gloss black too !

zy3uteha.jpg

6aqute5u.jpg

update 23-09-14

after being away from nimbus for 4 months i had a nice stack of goodies for him , 20mm spacers 40mm lowering springs , new tyres , re painted rims , gloss black diffuser , some 4 point harrneses , a lovley miltec exaust
and of course the servicing side of things such as new gear and engine oil brake pads brake fluid filters and what not :smile:

pictures to follow shortley when i finish work i hope you injoy :smile: