Day Time Running Lights

I always tend to drive around with my sidelights on constantly. Just habbit I guess, had too many near misses.

I do exactly the same in whatever I'm driving (wheather 200 or work van), for exactly the same reasons as you.
Just helps the blind idiots see me, which these days, seems to be more and more necessary.
Also, I like the the fact that on the 200, you can just leave it constantly on sidelights (unless using headlights, obviously) and they just turn off when you turn the car off, Basicly the same as DRL

Just for those who are unsure but the law regarding DRL's states that all brand new cars in early 2011 will require them however for older cars without them fitted it is up to the owner if they wish to fit them or not!! You do NOT have to (by law) have any other form of lights acting as DRL's (i.. sidelights/fogs) if your car was made before early 2011.

Hope tht clears the confusion!!

I believe this law was taking effect from Feb 2011 this makes sense as Mondeo's, C2's and many other cars have redesigned their headlamps to encorporate DRL's as standard now! (Look rubbish when they're an afterthought to be fair!) So if this is the case why aren't the Clio's available with DRL's and why is it still only an option on the RS250? Surely they should be standard on both, and with no view of the new clio for a while surely Renault will need to ecorporate these on the 200 soon. Anyone any the wiser?