Cup Springs on Non-Cup Dampers...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Has anybody done this?

Obviously I know the parts are all compatiable, just wondering if anybody could give any feedback on how the car (197) reacts to it. Been offered some Cup Springs for a very good price but I don't want to turn the ride odd/choppy etc.. If it's likely to be detrimental then I'll see if I can sort something out with the Springs and get some Cup Dampers on order in the New Year.

Cheers,

Will

* EDIT *

Just found another very similar thread, sorry, should've checked first!!! :smile:

Last edited:
Could just pick up some cup shocks too, they aren't too expensive, that way atleast you know you have a good setup!

That's the plan for later next year mate, was going to go down the H&R Springs with Cup Dampers route but now these Cup Springs have come up at a good price. :smile: Think I'll go with the Cup Springs for now and can always just hold onto them until I've saved for the Dampers to match I suppose.

Just do the dampers at the same time. It's no more work to fit them if your doing the springs anyway. I paid £200 delivered brand new from Renault. I have Subaru springs with mine and the ride is much better thN standard FF now and looks much better. Can't really comment on handling yet as the snow has been so bad but so far I'm pleased

it was ambit drier today so managed to have a decent go round some corners and the car is improved with the cup shocks and eibach springs. It's less crashy over bumps too. Well pleased. Just need my new rack ends fitted and the wheel alignment sorted now.