Cup spoiler fitting kit.

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Hi everyone,

Wondering if someone can give me some info.

Can you buy the cup spoiler fitting kit separate?

If so,

How much can you buy the kit for?

Thanks in advance

Gez.

Yeah, I just thought if you could buy a kit, it would be a little easier.

Can make the stuff up by a local company anyway.

The actual fixings for the spoiler to bolt down onto the car

The bolts etc.

I was wondering what people meant by using card lol.

I didn't make it clear what i was asking for lol

The bolts would be no problem, just a metric bolt x2, the other two are a self tapper type.

It's the top hat shaped washers you'll struggle on, to stop the panel from crushing as you tighten up.

I didn't have the fitting kit to put mine on.
I used a tape measure, card to draw on the screw holes (so you put the piece of card against the spoiler, mark the holes then transfer them over onto the boot lid)
Then just used metal protection to keep water out of the holes once the bolts where in. Can't remember the product it's something my dad uses for work.

I actually have video but it's mostly me panicking about drilling holes in my car :smile:

I thought this would show the sizes of the bolts but I can't seem to find them, but here are the instructions explained
http://www.cliomods.com/styling/fitting-cup-spoiler/

As far as I can remember and from what people have said, self tappers should be easy to get, also take the spoiler to a hardware store and try to find bolts that fit into the self tapped holes already in the spoiler. Washers will be awkward but somewhere will sell them.

Has anyone got the actual sizes or 'name' for the bolts required?

What diameter are the holes? I can make an educated guess for you

I'm guessing m6

And what are people on about with self tappers? Is it not two bolts that hold it in place?

Last edited:
It has two M6 bolts with about 10mm of thread on them, the renault ones are an allen head type.

The two others are self tappers, quite short ones, i'd say less than 10mm of thread on those.

If you do not have the fitting kit, you'll have the two top hat shaped washers missing, these fit into the boot lid and i assume stop it crushing as you tighten the bolts.

Brilliant :smiley: thank you :smile:

I can get those plastic washers, top hat looking ones. There's a local place that's matching them all up.

Thank you for your reply :smile: