Cruise control

Hi i dont know if this is a stupid question but could you later add cruise control onto the clio. Also if so how much work would be involved would the ECU need to be replaced.

thanks

i dont think so, as you say it'd probably be a wiring loom issue and ecu

Thanks for the quick reply i thought it would be something to do with the ECU, dont really want to pay that much for cruise control just have to use my foot

dude, i guarantee you wouldnt use it lol

i took my clio on the first long journey yesterday an was excited to use my cruise control lol, put it on, an ended up turnin it off after bout 15mins as it was more fun operatin the throttle myself :thumbsup:

...cruise control is good for motorways and speed limit areas...I used mine alot on the Trophy and missed it on the 197Cup....but to retro fit would cost so much you'd be better off buying a new car!!

you would need a new steering wheel and air bag for starters as the buttons to set the speed are on the wheel... and they are big bucks.

if this wasnt the case then it may not be that expensive as quite alot of people(inc myself) retro fit it on mk4 golfs.

so if i could find a cheap wheel somewere is that all it would take or would there need to be more modifications to the t/b, also would the loom already be there for the buttons on the steering wheel. i would love to have it as i do alot of motor way miles

thanks for the help

I've heard there are companies that fit after market cruise crontrol and climate etc, but for the cost you may as well buy a new car! You could look in to it further though.