Cracked flexi joint

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Help needed! Garage says ive got a cracked exhaust flexi joint. Being new to my 197 cant say I know much about these things. Is it an easy fix or pain in the rear?? Possible upgrade that I should do in the process? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Cheers

Thanks. See they are 600 and toyosport only 180. quite a difference. Is there also a need to replace the engine mounts. Read on here a lot of people changing to powerflex at the same time??

I'm sure I've read loads of stories of the toyosport manifold fouling/hitting on things.

Just been reading on here a few bad stories of toyosport vibration issues!

its the fact that the toyo manifold knocks against the subframe..may be sorted by grinding a bit of it off or fitting some polybushes..so i've heard..
also moved to the correct section..

Last edited:
The other option is to keep an eye out on the for sale section/eBay for a used manifold that's had some new flexi's already welded in, buy and fit that, then you can get your old one fixed and sell it on to get a bit of money back.

Be a far far cheaper option than forking out the best part of £500 for the KTEC manifold, unless you want one of course! But for fixing the problem and keeping it standard that's the way I'd go to get it fixed.