Cracked manifold

My luck hasn't been great, clutch gearbox, steering lock, scratched when I got it back from the garage (I wanted to cry) and now I have a gaping hole in my mani! Does anyone have any bright ideas about not paying another £1000 out because it's getting to the point I'm almost paying more money to fix it than I did to buy it!?

Ive been looking at these? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/190734792388?nav=SEARCH
are the any good, just trying to save some money!

Thanks
Tom

Loads of people has fitted one of these mate, apparently the fitment is not 100% as it touches the subframe. You can rectify this by fitting a powerflex lower mount which reduces the engine movement (but causes vibration as a trade off).

Your next bet would be to get a second hand manifold? I'm sure there was one on the sale section.

Bear in mind that if you fit the one from your link you might need a remap as it deletes the pre-cat.

Ok cool, thanks for the help mate, going to be on the hunt for a manifold then! I do hope this will be the last thing for the car!

made me laugh reading this. I had exactly the same issue with mine, weld (or lack off) was gone. I have the photo at home and honestly thought you'd stolen it, yours is identical.
I ended up on the phone to Renault UK and they contributed 70% of the bill so i ended up paying about £400 in the end for a new manifold.
They calculate it as mileage against price (the more you've done the less they'll offer). Forget all that out of warranty rubbish, Renault "parts" have a warranty which is 100k / 7 years (which ever comes first) however there is movement on that depending on the circumstances.
Get on the phone and see what they offer you!

Ah sweet, that would help out a lot, I will definitely get on the phone to them! I couldn't believe it when I looked at the picture, there is basically no weld there at all, such a pain in the arse!!

what? that's crazy, what years your car and what sort of mileage?

I work in the oil and gas industry for a manufacturer of pipeline valves where certain ones contain welding.
We often have ultrasonic and radiographic testing carried out on most of the welds we do to certify they are strong enough etc.

When my manifold died i was actually prepared to have the weld tested through my work just to prove a point but thankfully it didn't come to that.

Basically on a a Friday afternoon when Renault we're going home, after they had quickly welded my manifold whilst rusing...they did yours.

To be fair it's a little old, it's an 06 plate but it's only done 54,000 miles but still no help! My uncles a welder so hopefully going to get it out and get him to weld it all up with a couple of new flexis on it, just means I have to pay someone to get the bloody thing out!

im pretty shocked at the state of it, long gone are the days on cast manifolds! I did look at the toyosport ones and was tempted by the lower exhaust note but then I think the rattleing would do my nut, and also apparently they don't last too long when the heat gets to the welds!

Yeh theyre a bitch to get out. I paid £300 for labour to have my old one out and new one in.

The toyo one you can bend the subframe away from it I believe i read somewhere.