cost of megane conversion

I've been quote £1850 for tge following Meg bits:

1. Megane 225/230 complete engine (All ancilliaries & turbo)
2. Megane engine loom
3. Megane ECU
4. Megane coolant hoses
5. Megane gearbox
6. Delivery

This a good price?

2. Megane engine loom
3. Megane ECU
4. Megane coolant hoses
5. Megane gearbox
6. Delivery

This a good price?

where's that from mate,would love to do this conversion but can't really be bothered trying to sell a meg on as parts with no engine

Yeah, that's a good price.

You will need drive shafts and the megane gear selector box too

both rev to 7000rpm when standard power is at 5500rpm isnt it?

seems a bit daft going that far over peak power....i can under stand a limit say of 6000-6500rpm but 1500rpm over the top must be a massive fall off in power/torque!

Not debating where power ends. Debating the engines rev limit.

2. Megane engine loom
3. Megane ECU
4. Megane coolant hoses
5. Megane gearbox
6. Delivery

This a good price?

thats a very good prices, I paid 2k, mine had done 30k tho. and its true what FMP says, megane drive shafts, megane gear selctor, megane gear lingage.

dont get any megane intercoolers tho as they dont fit! ring and speak to paul and he will tell u what he put on mine, r you can go for a pace cooler

2. Megane engine loom
3. Megane ECU
4. Megane coolant hoses
5. Megane gearbox
6. Delivery

This a good price?

hmmm now this is getting my mind working...I could do ok if I were to split my car.

same here !

why the need to go so far over peak - its given its best so time for another gear

Don't the R26's come with a higher rev limit. Mine hasnt been raised and revs to roughly 6500.

Well I've got a 250 engine in my 200, nearly! And the meg boys are pushing 360bhp from these now? Why forge a 225 lump? Just buy the 250 engine that already has forged pistons in it from the factory?

As for the 200 box, well to my knowledge the highest bhp clio on here, shakeys is working just fine? I only spoke to him about it last night?

So when not use the lighter box with the closer ratios? Better for performance all round?

Yeah but only because he wants to go nuts lol! He said his 200 box has held up well!

Isn't the meg box just an old espace gearbox any way? I don't think Renault make a decent box lol

Yeah but only because he wants to go nuts lol! He said his 200 box has held up well!

Isn't the meg box just an old espace gearbox any way? I don't think Renault make a decent box lol

buy all accounts the 225 box and r26 box, are bullet proof......hummmm lol