cost of megane conversion

If the conversation is 6k, wouldn't it be better to buy a Meg to start with. surely there isn't much weight difference between the Clio and Meg?

ben, i was over estimating, and i believe is the rod bolts that give way first and cause the problem rather that the rods them selves

If the conversation is 6k, wouldn't it be better to buy a Meg to start with. surely there isn't much weight difference between the Clio and Meg?

Personally, I prefer the way the 200 looks over the Megs. So 200 with Meg power is the way forward for me.

Though, I'd be ditching the 200 gearbox as soon as I can.

^^^^and loose Recaros, still no diff, ****e colour, old crap interior? Nope. U should no this of all people with spending enough on your vxr, it's not to do with cost it's because u want to do it!! Why don't you keep your Clio standard like u said instead of TDF using it as a guinea pig? Why? Because YOU want to.

^^^^and loose Recaros, still no diff, ****e colour, old crap interior? Nope. U should no this of all people with spending enough on your vxr, it's not to do with cost it's because u want to do it!! Why don't you keep your Clio standard like u said instead of TDF using it as a guinea pig? Why? Because YOU want to.

Meow.

:tongueout:anic:

Personally, I prefer the way the 200 looks over the Megs. So 200 with Meg power is the way forward for me.

Fair one. I quite like the Meg looks hence my comment although the interior is a bit poo. I want an R26R next, that's the theme for my Clio now!

well said!!

well said dude, shame one is simply negative all the time :lol:

I love the idea if a forged supercharged Clio motor and I'm so close to booking it in but I still have this niggling feeling about the chocolate gearbox.

Maybe the best solution is a Meg engine and box. When you look at the costs there is not much in it. At the end of the day I want a clio thats an animal on the road and track and one that wipes the smile of the VXR, Audi, BMW and a few scooby faces.

That's exactly where I'm heading once it's paid off I think.

Are the 225 250 and 265 engines the same with different ecu / configurations or is it a different setup.

I have seen the 250 has been thrown around in some conversations as going into a Clio, this would be pushing the envelope conversion , much more my thing :wink:

Its my kind of debate. I'm doing my own head in with which way to go. I think my problem is I have a strong engine thats had money spent on it. The common sense approach would be to build on what I've already got. I'm waiting for ITB's development because 225 bhp NA will be such a great drivers car. I'm hoping that they are competitively priced around 2 grand.

I have seen the 250 has been thrown around in some conversations as going into a Clio, this would be pushing the envelope conversion , much more my thing :wink:

Isn't it basically the same block though? 250bhp from the 225 engine is easily achievable and much cheaper.

I love the idea if a forged supercharged Clio motor and I'm so close to booking it in but I still have this niggling feeling about the chocolate gearbox.

Maybe the best solution is a Meg engine and box. When you look at the costs there is not much in it. At the end of the day I want a clio thats an animal on the road and track and one that wipes the smile of the VXR, Audi, BMW and a few scooby faces.

How about an R26 box on a charged engine :tongue_smilie:

Its my kind of debate. I'm doing my own head in with which way to go. I think my problem is I have a strong engine thats had money spent on it. The common sense approach would be to build on what I've already got. I'm waiting for ITB's development because 225 bhp NA will be such a great drivers car. I'm hoping that they are competitively priced around 2 grand.

On ITB's and revving to 7k+ would sound ****ing epic too! Should give decent throttle response too, but for me if it doesn't pump up the torque a little they'll fall at the first hurdle.