cooper s

Got my arse handed to me on a plate last nite, purple cooper s, it was quite fast, must have had a good bit done, it made 7 cars lenths from a near standing start, over took me, super charger sounds mental on them. i defo need a few new toys in my sport now.:001_huh:

that defo wasnt standard then, my mate has a standard supercharged one (54 plate) and off the line im always ahead of him! (well that was when i had the clio, can destroy it now :smiley:)

Just wait until you catch a mini on the twisty stuff you will soon get your revenge!
The engine in the mini is soo tuneable, a guy I go t the gym with has one of the nicest minis iv seen and it must be wel over 250bhp. Cool car but way too common for my liking. 197 all day long

....I too have had a play with a Cooper S.......good stretch of dual carriage way with roundabouts......I out braked and out accelerated the Cooper S at each roundabout......i did let him by though as things were getting silly!! I imagine you can do a fair bit to modify these.....

......if it was a Cooper Works GP you were up against then you may have struggled. These rare beasts have 200+bhp and the super-charger makes some pleasant noises......

These things do handle VERY well when set up correct and even standard, obviously not as good as the clio but still very good!

They are quick cars but as people have said the clio will outsprint them no problems. If you got your ass handed to you it probably had some of the 'Works' upgrades or even the Lohen upgrades.

Check this page out - http://www.lohen.co.uk/packages.html

I did quite alot of research on these before buying the clio because i was considering a 'Works'

These things do handle VERY well when set up correct and even standard, obviously not as good as the clio but still very good!

They are quick cars but as people have said the clio will outsprint them no problems. If you got your ass handed to you it probably had some of the 'Works' upgrades or even the Lohen upgrades.

Check this page out - http://www.lohen.co.uk/packages.html

I did quite alot of research on these before buying the clio because i was considering a 'Works'

Some people must be serious about spending money if they want to add these mods to an already over-priced car (IMO)....

yeah it was fast. i know the guy, he had a teg dc5 before, so i recon its not standard, plus my mate had a go with standard coop s, with his 182 and wasted it.:smiley: as for breaking, i out breaked him no problem, i had my mate out the last day to show him the car, he just bought a 54 plate civic type r. and he could not believe how good my breaks are. he wants a set now:smiley:

....I too have had a play with a Cooper S.......good stretch of dual carriage way with roundabouts......I out braked and out accelerated the Cooper S at each roundabout......i did let him by though as things were getting silly!! I imagine you can do a fair bit to modify these.....

......if it was a Cooper Works GP you were up against then you may have struggled. These rare beasts have 200+bhp and the super-charger makes some pleasant noises......

i went and had a look at a gp last year at bmw/mini dealership, and the salesman said that it belonged to john coopers daughter, anyways its said something on the roof "235 or 225" i think and i asked the guy what it was and he said its got 235/225 bhp and i was like "wtf" :blush:hmy:
how true is that?? also cant remember if he said this is the only one as it was a special one for his daughter (when i say that i mean in terms of power, i think the standard gp's are 210 bhp NOT sure tho)... it was a 56 and over £20k

Last edited:
i went and had a look at a gp last year at bmw/mini dealership, and the salesman said that it belonged to john coopers daughter, anyways its said something on the roof "235 or 225" i think and i asked the guy what it was and he said its got 235/225 bhp and i was like "wtf" :blush:hmy:
how true is that?? also cant remember if he said this is the only one as it was a special one for his daughter (when i say that i mean in terms of power, i think the standard gp's are 210 bhp NOT sure tho)... it was a 56 and over £20k

The numbers on the roof tell you the limited number and it was a run of 2000 made. They are still very expensive things to buy for being a 2006 model car. But great fun.

That sales-man has obviously had his spinkter and his mouth swapped around......some GP's on Pistonheads at mo'...and yep they are a lot of money!!

i canned some lad in a cooper works mini down some lanes the other day starights was on my arse but corners not a chance. that mini must have some thing inside that not standard lol..

Well as liambo said the number on the roof is the build number of the car on a GP as they were limited to 2000 as standard they have 218bhp. There is no possible way a Clio would keep up with a GP as they are so light and so fast..even on a standard cooper s if it has chili pack then it has sports plus suspension and believe these things are like go karts my missus has one and it's mental the way she can chuck it about.. In a straight line as standard a 197 will pull away easily but anyone can drive fast in a straight line it's in the corners where it matters..never under estimate a cooper s u could embarras urself even if it's a girl driving she might just loose u.

There is no possible way a Clio would keep up with a GP as they are so light and so fast..even on a standard cooper s if it has chili pack then it has sports plus suspension and believe these things are like go karts my missus has one and it's mental the way she can chuck it about.. In a straight line as standard a 197 will pull away easily but anyone can drive fast in a straight line it's in the corners where it matters..never under estimate a cooper s u could embarras urself even if it's a girl driving she might just loose u.

The right driver would dismiss this out of hand.

Well as liambo said the number on the roof is the build number of the car on a GP as they were limited to 2000 as standard they have 218bhp. There is no possible way a Clio would keep up with a GP as they are so light and so fast..even on a standard cooper s if it has chili pack then it has sports plus suspension and believe these things are like go karts my missus has one and it's mental the way she can chuck it about.. In a straight line as standard a 197 will pull away easily but anyone can drive fast in a straight line it's in the corners where it matters..never under estimate a cooper s u could embarras urself even if it's a girl driving she might just loose u.

Exactly what i was trying to say mate but i was being lazy! lol! Thanks.

Drove on of these round donington last year, it was a very capable car in all areas.

Couldnt see it having trouble matching a 197.

have they not tested it around the nurburg ring? so how do you reckon it would compare to the megane? i mean the gp btw

Last edited:
have they not tested it around the nurburg ring? so how do you reckon it would compare to the megane?

Never driven a megane or even had the pleasure of being a passenger.

However i imagine a 225 would piss all over it, only problem with the cooper s is it runs out of steam when the speed picks up.

Ive been looking into a mini GP and in all the write ups it says that they are amazing handling and as said before, they weigh nothing and have a much bigger bhp/tonne output than the clio.

To be honest in all aspects a GP would win over a clio, maybe not in breaking but especially with the supercharger minis have the power from the word go.