completely remove rear callipers???

has anybody done this??

im looking at removing and fitting a new set of rear callipers,
just wondering if anyone has done this and could offer any advice from experience before i do it

cheers

i should have explained a little more..

i can remove it from the hub no problem as have changed discs and pads previously, my main concern is the cable attached to the calliper..is this easily removed/re fitted??

i should have explained a little more..

i can remove it from the hub no problem as have changed discs and pads previously, my main concern is the cable attached to the calliper..is this easily removed/re fitted??

Clamp and undo the hose, release the cable (can't remember, but should just wiggle/pull out) and unbolt from the car. Refitting is the reversal of removal.

Job done

Clamp and undo the hose, release the cable (can't remember, but should just wiggle/pull out) and unbolt from the car. Refitting is the reversal of removal.

Job done

ok cheers chris will try giving it a wiggle,im off at the end of the month going to do it then just making sure i dont need anything else for the job

You're a gold member so should have access to the workshop manuals on this forum. Sure it will tell you in there :smile:

make sure the flexi pipes over the axle are clamped...dont want air in the abs system!!!!

as for the handbrake cable if you use some pipe grips you can usually pull on the end of the cable and unhook it off the handbrake lever

if you cant you will need to de-adjust the cable

theres 2 screws at the rear sides of the centre console - remove thses so you can lift it up to get to the adjuster on the handbrake lever...

forgot to say !!

if you make sure the handbrake is fully off then one side at a time use some grips to pull on the cable you can push the handbrake lever forwards to help release the cable!

:wiz: