colour coded interior

E

Ed...

I am currently in the middle of colour coding my dash still needs about 5 or 6 coats of lacquer so it doesnt scratch easily but heres where i am up to.

its hard work keeping the dust off but im doing alright up to now ill post pictures when its all fittted back.

SNC00652.gif

SNC00653.gif

SNC00654.gif

see the mottled effect ill flat that off before the final coat and then itl be like glass:tongue_smilie:

oh and the red ECU reader cover is just a little something to look at lol

im going to do my dash strips red! just waiting on the paint from Auto-paint! looks well.. out of interest what was your method for preping it all before painting?

rub down with 1500 grit wet dry and then tack cloth. 1 coat of primer, 3 coats of top colour and up to now its 6 coats of lacquer with 4 hours between coats last coat and then fitting today

here is the finished article what uve all been waiting for lol

ill have some better photos up when its less sunny
SNC00657.gif

i couldnt ut all the orange peeling out of the lacquer yet as it was too soft in a few weeks ill post a close up when its been flatted properly

Last edited by a moderator:
i had some left over from a smart repair on my car so i though y not lol

looks awesome! im starting my dash strips tomorrow! Doing them red to match car tho leaving the centre console as it is as it might be a bit much if that was red too... tho carbon might look well on it.. Anyway, will post up pics when I get it finished!

carbon looks awesome when im bored next im gunna do alacantera me thinks

I started the dash strips tonight... Just another coat of colour then its lacquer time.. Very pleased with results so far and easy to do! I've also ordered an A4 sample of the 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre vinyl wrap to see what its like to work with before I try it on the centre console. Ive heard it looks well as it has a woven feel just like real carbon. Is it easy to take the centre console out?

Pic of 3M Carbon Vinyl...
dinoc1.jpghttp://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n57/wm2367/dinoc/dinoc1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good that, I tempted to do some bits in Carbon on our Clio's. If it doesn't look good you can always get rid then :smile:

screwdriver behind the top bits and then just pulls out only has 2 clips i was suprised

^^^Cheers^^^ im surprised its that easy!

My carbon sample (pictured above) arrived today. Only got an A4 sheet to see what the quality is like. I am quite impressed with it although it maybe tricky getting it around all the curves neatly on the centre console panel.. Nevertheless I think I will order more and see what its like and like you say... It can easily be removed if it looks bad or goes wrong! lol.. Pics to follow soon! Im away out to lacquer my dash strips now!

I really like it!!!

You wont believe this but 2 months ago when i did mine the ECU reader cover is alo red against the black!!!! :smiley:

My stripes are gloss and the centre console matt... :wink:

yours: work well executed!!!