Cold air

Dazzer

Paid Member
Just been out for a quick bite to eat,and car felt like it has a turbo on it lol. The change in temp tonight seems to have done wonders think might be time to do the cold air feed mod see it last night on Sevenfourate's thead good read that.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I had the same one morning last week on the way to work early doors......

Felt like i had someone behind me giving me a little push :smile:

Reactions: Dazzer
Did you have to get the car remapped after the cold air/vacuum mod mate

Yes - i had it mapped once and had knock-sensor "issues".

So made sure i did the cold air-feed mod before i recently had the second map.........

Dont know if it made any / alot of difference on its own. But mapper never suggested it was holding the car back !

Yes - i had it mapped once and had knock-sensor "issues".

So made sure i did the cold air-feed mod before i recently had the second map.........

Dont know if it made any / alot of difference on its own. But mapper never suggested it was holding the car back !
Do you recon I would need it mapped if I done the mod? Cars already been mapped

Unlikely it would make a big enough difference to require a remap imo.

The ecu must be able to process a difference of parameters (Air and fuel) to some degree.

Can you remove the acoustic valve and rig up temporary piping in the first instance to try it before you 'splash out' on some proper fittings / bends etc ? That can easily then be reversed..........

Unlikely it would make a big enough difference to require a remap imo.

The ecu must be able to process a difference of parameters (Air and fuel) to some degree.

Can you remove the acoustic valve and rig up temporary piping in the first instance to try it before you 'splash out' on some proper fittings / bends etc ? That can easily then be reversed..........
I will have to have a look would you say it is easyish to do, its all new to me

About a 2/10.....very easy !

Couple of nuts on inner wing to undo acoustic valve. 6mm bolt stuck in the vacuum pipe to block it off. Or bend it double and tie-wrap it closed.....

Then run some pipe off what's left and head it toward the bumper and somewhere with some incoming airflow.

10 minute job. Same to reverse it.

Good luck.

About a 2/10.....very easy !

Couple of nuts on inner wing to undo acoustic valve. 6mm bolt stuck in the vacuum pipe to block it off. Or bend it double and tie-wrap it closed.....

Then run some pipe off what's left and head it toward the bumper and somewhere with some incoming airflow.

10 minute job. Same to reverse it.

Good luck.
Cheers mate have to give that a go, i'll let you no how I get on