Maxogen cold air feeds

TB Rich

Paid Member
Hi,

What do people do for cold air feeds when the Maxogen is installed behind the OE battery and battery box? Any pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Not sure any one has done a CAF yet i know a few were going to but think they have not botherd as it works ok,I could be wrong though @Craig211 was thinking of doing it.

Last edited:
Hey I did think bout a cold air feed but I measured my intake temps for a while and they seemed to level out around 32C (outside ambient was around 10C) so didn't see the point relie can't see it getting much colder, the temp noticeably rises when sitting in traffic to around 45-48C but as soon as you move off again it soon drops that small scoop on the under tray is a fantastic CAF. If anyone has measured there standard air feed that would be good for comparison but IMO the maxogen is there purely for noise :smiley:

thanks, yeah would be good to measure the std inlet temps, what did you measure with and where did you take the reading?

noise is good, but noise is sorted now for me, supersprint racing has taken care of that!!

Hey I did think bout a cold air feed but I measured my intake temps for a while and they seemed to level out around 32C (outside ambient was around 10C) so didn't see the point relie can't see it getting much colder, the temp noticeably rises when sitting in traffic to around 45-48C but as soon as you move off again it soon drops that small scoop on the under tray is a fantastic CAF. If anyone has measured there standard air feed that would be good for comparison but IMO the maxogen is there purely for noise :smiley:

Noise and free up a few bhp:thumbsup:

thanks, yeah would be good to measure the std inlet temps, what did you measure with and where did you take the reading?

noise is good, but noise is sorted now for me, supersprint racing has taken care of that!!

Used a plug in obd reader nothing fancy and obviously not scientific but a good benchmark I spose

Ah yeah of course, should be easy then. I'll have a shuffty on ebay and see what I find. Scan Gauge used to come recommended.

Cheers

I had a cold air feed when I had mine on to just down by the radiator. I made it airtight too by using a reducer cone. Personally it quietened it down and removed the drown but still much better than standard. It kept the intake temp down to around below 20 degrees when you are on the move and that was in the summer. So if you can do it I would do it. But I ended up getting rid of it because sitting in traffic I noticed the heat soak too much.