Coilovers/springs.

I'm having a bit of a dilema.

I currently have the cup suspension, however my final aim will be to stick her on coilovers (kwv3's). This is going to take at least a year as I haven't budgetted for this kit.

I am wondering whether or not to fit the eibach pro springs as a temperary lowering measure. I know it's only 20mm but it's also a tenth of the price.

My question is has anybody done this, and would it affect handling adversly? Would it be a downgrade from the cup springs?

Thanks in advance.

I'd personally stick with what you've got and put it towards the coil's.

Standard CUP suspension isn't that bad, you could probably get some spaces so the wheels don't look as hidden in the arches.

But personally (and it's what I'm doing too) is just to keep it standard until I can afford coil's.

I will have to get my measuring tape out tonight, see what clearance I've got to play with. Apparently it's an MOT failure if they stick out past your wings?

20mm sounds like a lot though. 40mm overall track widening. Will this require wheel alignment/camber adjust?

Eibach springs won't lower cup suspension by 20mm. They only lower the standard 197 suspesion by that. Cup suspension is already lower by 7mm, so eibach springs would only lower cup suspension by 13mm.
If your are going for springs then get the H&R's or nothing IMO. keV had my old H&R springs on his.

I run 25mm H&R hubcentric spacers for winter.
Adrian posted some pics of 25mm spacers on standard cup suspension somewhere.
Less than 25mm spacers and you'll need longer bolts and lockers.

It's only mot failure if the tread itself sticks out of the arch, the wheel and sidewalk call stickout.

Cheers for the heads up.

I'm going to have a look at some spacers tonight. S****ping the springs idea until I can afford coillies!

Thanks for your help!