Springs or Coilovers??

Well as the title really, do i buy a set of H&R springs or do i go for the coilovers?? AND if i buy the coilovers am i just aswel to buy the V3s or will i be delighted with the V1s? What do you think?

Well as the title really, do i buy a set of H&R springs or do i go for the coilovers?? AND if i buy the coilovers am i just aswel to buy the V3s or will i be delighted with the V1s? What do you think?

I went for the V1's and are great bit of kit,these are great for fast road use and the odd trackday.
If you are going to be doing more track days then go for the V3's:thumbsup:

I don't have one really, just wanted to see what everyone else recommends before I make my decision, if its V3s then ill need to save a little longer :worried::zomg:

Coilovers are only required if you're into taking your car on track alot, an absolute waste of time & money otherwise, sorry but its true!

Coilovers are only required if you're into taking your car on track alot, an absolute waste of time & money otherwise, sorry but its true!

I know what your saying but can't think of a mod that isn't equally a waste of time and money.....but we all fit them!!!!!

spax rsx coilies are bargain then at £655 from sideways danny off here,it was a recent offer so you'd need to check with him that thats still the price

I know what your saying but can't think of a mod that isn't equally a waste of time and money.....but we all fit them!!!!!

Yeah I see what you are saying but the cup setup on these cars is so good, any of these cheap coil over setups just don't improve over it. Exhausts, air boxes etc at least make the car sound like it should. I'm all for a 3 grand coil over setup but it would only make sense if you hit the track days in a big way or you have alot of spare cash. For £700 you could get a set of proper sticky tyres!

Mmmm sticky tyres, add that to the list Stu, a nice pair of medium and hard kumhos should do the job when we cant run slicks

Yeah I see what you are saying but the cup setup on these cars is so good, any of these cheap coil over setups just don't improve over it. Exhausts, air boxes etc at least make the car sound like it should. I'm all for a 3 grand coil over setup but it would only make sense if you hit the track days in a big way or you have alot of spare cash. For £700 you could get a set of proper sticky tyres!

Problem is you then find the car isnt setup for the sticky tyres so it still needs something changing. Despite how stiff the Clio is it can still start to feel a bit soft once you move away from road tyres.

Problem is you then find the car isnt setup for the sticky tyres so it still needs something changing. Despite how stiff the Clio is it can still start to feel a bit soft once you move away from road tyres.

i thought this after bedford,people will disagree but i thought i had a fair amount of body roll