Coilover sound

Hey guys, i recently had Spax coilovers fitted to my car. Over all i'm very happy with them but had this horrible rubbing sound & feeling through the pedals when going over any slightly bumpy ground (anywhere on uk roads basically) Had a look at it and found it was coming from the front right when pressing down on the car. Tried a few things including greasing up the strut/top mounts etc which didn't work.. In the end what did work was tightening the top mounts up stupidly tight.. I went for a drive and no sound at all. Second drive how ever the sound has started to come back.. Not as bad but i feel it's going to end up being just as bad. Any recommendations? Slightly confused by the fact it's only drivers side that does it.. Will new uprated top mounts solve this do you think?

Thanks in advance

I'd be going back to whoever fitted them tbh. That or send them back.

I did, that's when we located it's coming from the front right top mounts when the suspension compresses over small bumps. We tightened up the top mounts and it stopped for a bit.. I know of 2/3 other people with this problem also with Spax coils..

your mechanic should be able to tell whether its the top mounts or not..it may as well be..

your mechanic should be able to tell whether its the top mounts or not..it may as well be..

Yeah he did but then sorted the sound so I left and it started again when I got home... Typical! Just wondering if an uprated top mount would cure the sound.

may just be a load of ****** but im pretty sure I've read somewhere that if you upgrading to coliovers the sensible thing to do,is to replace the top mounts at the same time..especially when the car is over 5 years old..

may just be a load of ****** but im pretty sure I've read somewhere that if you upgrading to coliovers the sensible thing to do,is to replace the top mounts at the same time..especially when the car is over 5 years old..

Oh yeah of course it is but money was the issue when changing over to the coilovers. Was on a tight budget.. Will probably get new top mounts soon

I've got the same issue with spax coilovers. I've got new standard top mounts but there is a very annoying slight knocky rattle, well annoying noise. Drives really well, handles a dream but annoying unless the stereos turned up

I've got the same issue with spax coilovers. I've got new standard top mounts but there is a very annoying slight knocky rattle, well annoying noise. Drives really well, handles a dream but annoying unless the stereos turned up

Same! My dust covers have also destroyed themselves some how... they are all split and chunks missing! Spoke to ktec and then have forwarded photos to Spax so see what they come back with.