clio vs supercars

the clio is always being praised for its handling, but how does it fair against a supercar say a nissan gtr r35? could it take the same speed into a corner?

If it could hit the corner entry at the same speed and you had big enough balls to hold onto it then there's no reason why not. Obvisouly the weather and track condition would play a part to some degree considering something like a GTR is 4WD. But trackdays prove this time and time again that these little Frenchies can carry an awful lot of speed, the only thing I couldn't catch last time was an Evo X, but I did surprise a Porsche Boxster Cup car. :thumbup:

I have wondered this, the drivers of supercars dont tent to push them because of in experience/ fear of crashing. if the same driver were to take both, which would come out on top? looking at the Top Gear track times, there are only a few hatches on there - but towards the bottow (although it is a power track)

That's what I mean the same driver and same track because otherwise it would be down to individual skill rather than the cars ability, and yeh supercar owners don't really push their cars in the bends as either they dont want to wreck or they don't have the skill

Depends on vehicle weight/tyre compound/setup.

On OEM tyres... A 1350kg GT3RS with 265F & 315R section Pilot Sport Cups will out grip a 1200kg Clio on 215F & 215R Continentals all day long.

Depends on vehicle weight/tyre compound/setup.

On OEM tyres... A 1350kg GT3RS with 265F & 315R section Pilot Sport Cups will out grip a 1200kg Clio on 215F & 215R Continentals all day long.

Obviously to be a fair comparison both cars would run the same tyres

lololol it's a Clio...

It is satisfying when it happens though.

I allways get a buzz overtaking something flash at the ring in my old alfa.

The guy in the porsche might never have been there before but thats not my fault :rofl:

The guy in the porsche might never have been there before but thats not my fault :rofl:

Love it!!! :rofl:

What's the Alfa by the way? And more importantly, what's been done to her? I'm quite partial to an Italian...

lololol it's a Clio...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but as you can see from someone's previous post a corsa Vxr nur can enter the corners 1mph slower than a 200+k supercar with a just a diff and blisten dampers so I wouldn't imagine the Clio would be to far behind

ring_oct_2011_.jpg

All stripped out, nothing but two corbeau seats, top half of (flocked) dash and a steering wheel.

Stainless manifold, 4/2/1, decat, ragazzon 2 box stainless system, lightened flywheel, OMP paddle clutch (sprung) carbon CDA airbox, vibra technics mounts.

FK automotive front dampers/springs, rear springs, Spax adjustable rear dampers, whiteline anti roll bars, 22mm rear/28mm front (up from 17mm/22mm), solid alloy rear bushes on rear beam, Tarrox G88 discs front and rear, green stuff pads, standard rubber hoses, new but with dot 5.1 fluid.

7x15 wheels with toyo 888's (compomotive MO's) or hankook RS2's (team dynamics 1.2's for wet) with increase offsets to widen track.

Sticks like poo to a blanket and now weighs 1020kg, down from 1240kg.

All the bracketry has been lightened, air con off etc.

Bit noisey going through belgium but puts a big grin on my face.

Good work!!! :thumbsup:

Any plans for a cage? Or any plans for any hillclimb events etc.?

You'll find most supervar owners drive fast in a straight line but tootle around the corners. Thats what I find on the track anyway.

Also find that us in the Clios are the fastest thing in the corners in the wet.

Good work!!! :thumbsup:

Any plans for a cage? Or any plans for any hillclimb events etc.?

I have a custom cages cage for it, might get around to fitting this summer, i think it's time to just have it as a track day car now it's getting tougher on MOT's.

Until i'm in regular work again it'll get a little less use as i can't get out of the clio at the moment.

Also find that us in the Clios are the fastest thing in the corners in the wet.

Yes, this!!!

I don't know wether it's because we all have massive testicles or the fact that these cars are so sorted but I've definately noticed this. A lad on my last trackday in an Elise commented on one of my videos on You Tube that he couldn't get over how early and how hard I could get on the power out of the slower corners and how much speed I was carrying through the faster ones. :thumbsup:

I have a custom cages cage for it, might get around to fitting this summer, i think it's time to just have it as a track day car now it's getting tougher on MOT's.

Until i'm in regular work again it'll get a little less use as i can't get out of the clio at the moment.

Sounds good mate, hopefully you'll be back in work sooner rather than later. :smile:

They can keep up with some far more expensive stuff! Went on an alpine tour last year and have got videos of me in the 200 keeping up with E92's, GT3, supercharged elise, fezza's (actually held me up), murcilago (again, held me up) and more! I think part of this is because of the type of road, the clio is so dam nimble. the others would pul away out of hairpins but would catch through a series of twisty bits. I think the other reason may have been that my car is a lot less expensive and no where near as intimitading :smile: Basicly, its quite easy to use all their performance, which is very difficult in powerful rwd cars on the road.