200: Clio valuation 7 months down the line

What do people expect-

15k Car to start with-

If you take VAT at 20% then your 15k car is 12k before you start-

Its not quite a cynical as that-

I would say the price quoted in post 1 is about right depending on Spec-
Trade would be around 12k+
& private maybe mid 13's- however there arent many people with 13k in their back pockets

I would always advise someone ( if they have the money) to buy a 12/18 month old used car over & above a brand new one-

As for value for money, for 11k a used 200 cup just about trumps a 6.5k trophy -
However it all boils down to how much cash you have 'on the hip'

Top 3 'VALUE for money Clios'

1) 200 Cup
2) Trophy
3) Phase 1 172 Tied with a 172 Cup

S
Why would you say a 200 cup is the best value for money?

It is, IMO, the worst value RS clio there has ever been, a FF with cup is so much better value, new and used.

dont think a 2oo cup will be worth £7000 when its 6 yrs old
where a Trophy still is

Why would you say a 200 cup is the best value for money?

It is, IMO, the worst value RS clio there has ever been, a FF with cup is so much better value, new and used.

200 Cup is better value for money if you buy a specced one-

The only difference then is climate & a few other negligable factors-

Remember value for money isnt 'actual value'

A FF 200 is worth more, but £ for £ is it value for money worth that extra for what you get- not really...

but you are entitled to your opinion-

S

clio 200 trophy, last of the na engine, then move to small turbos for new clio sport, thats what i rekon they might do. cant see na engines lasting that long now due to tight emissions

would be good but the way the economy is theres no chance i dont think they will

Got my 200 valued last week (60 plate, 7500 miles, mint cond.) as looking to move to a Meg250 and got offered £13k for it. Which in reality is pretty good... although I'm on a 2 year pcp, I put £4k in and my current settlement figure is £11.3k so I only actually have £1.7k in the car, but is to be expected.

I can't imagine what kind of offers I will get towards September next year :poke:

If you keep the cars long enough they will be much better for value. If you keep any new car for a short period of time, they will always loose loads of money. I now go on the theory that you should keep a car for 3 years if you want to get out what you put down as a deposit, obviously only if you have finance. It's not so bad if you have the car over 3 years, but mine is 5. My last Clio only gave back what I initially put in as a deposit after 3 years.

clio 200 trophy, last of the na engine, then move to small turbos for new clio sport, thats what i rekon they might do. cant see na engines lasting that long now due to tight emissions

Yep this is true.

I got offered 7200 for my R27 against a new meg 250 cup in January at a renault dealer. Values have dropped dramatically in the past year :worried: but few people want to run a small car that only does 25-30mpg in the current climate so to be expected suppose.

Im going to keep my car and enjoy it, still a great car that puts a smile on face :smile: