200: Clio valuation 7 months down the line

Had a moment of madness today and called a garage to talk to them about part exchanging the clio, they came back to me and said its worth 13k to them as part ex. Just made me think abit, i know new cars depreciate ALOT but that was abit hard to hear. The cars just done 5k and is a 60 plate.

Reminds me remember why i always tried not to buy a brand new car, i love the clio but after a recent driving day (Scooby) i really miss having a car with a turbo! But it seems it would be financial suicide.

I'm not sure what you paid new but I presume it's maybe lost 2k in that time? Which wouldnt be too bad unless you paid even more :s

I keep thinking about getting rid too as I've got into trackdays it'd be good to get something cheaper in case of an incident and to free up some cash..... Probably won;t though.

in the nxt 12 months the 200s will drop like a stone in price like the 197s did

i valued my car the other day, 10 reg with 7k miles on and private it was £13250 and p/ex £11850, thats with recaros, cup pack, metallic paint, black speedlines and cup spoiler as options. im thinking of going back for a clio trophy as they dont lose money now. it wouldnt suprise me if we lose about 1.5k of value by the end of the year

They'll drop even more if Renault do those finance deals they were doing a few months ago.

They started doing those deals about 2 months after I bought my 197 and prices dropped pretty rapidly, I was a bit gutted

i valued my car the other day, 10 reg with 7k miles on and private it was £13250 and p/ex £11850, thats with recaros, cup pack, metallic paint, black speedlines and cup spoiler as options. im thinking of going back for a clio trophy as they dont lose money now. it wouldnt suprise me if we lose about 1.5k of value by the end of the year
good Trophys will only go up in price in years to come
told my son to hold on to his

i took mine into the Renault garage at the weekend to see what they would offer me, for them to buy it,

the same garage where i brought it from in the first place.

are you ready, lol

£7100 they would give me, (NO THANKS)

i paid £13,500 2 years ago,

but theres one on the forcourt 12 months newer (09 plate) but with 15,000 more miles, and its up for £12,999, lmfao

Having driven a 172 recently, I'm sorely tempted to get rid of the 200 for another Trophy.

best to get one sooner than later, if i see one with less than 30k on the clock im having it!!, in many years to come the t will be worth more than a 200. its really a good thing to know renault still know how to make awesome hot hatches in all sizes:thumbup:

best to get one sooner than later, if i see one with less than 30k on the clock im having it!!, in many years to come the t will be worth more than a 200. its really a good thing to know renault still know how to make awesome hot hatches in all sizes:thumbup:
Miss mine hugely. The 200's are good to drive. The Trophy is great.

What do people expect-

15k Car to start with-

If you take VAT at 20% then your 15k car is 12k before you start-

Its not quite a cynical as that-

I would say the price quoted in post 1 is about right depending on Spec-
Trade would be around 12k+
& private maybe mid 13's- however there arent many people with 13k in their back pockets

I would always advise someone ( if they have the money) to buy a 12/18 month old used car over & above a brand new one-

As for value for money, for 11k a used 200 cup just about trumps a 6.5k trophy -
However it all boils down to how much cash you have 'on the hip'

Top 3 'VALUE for money Clios'

1) 200 Cup
2) Trophy
3) Phase 1 172 Tied with a 172 Cup

S

Thats not bad imo... On the pcp deal that im on, the most I will pay for the car is £13.6k (mine is also 6-7 months old, 60 plate, but with 3k miles).

Oh wait, mines a Cup. Is yours a FF or something?